Mac Addiction?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BoA*, Sep 23, 2006.

1. BoA* macrumors member

BoA*

Is it just me, or do portable macs make people addicts?
    Not the owners, but people that see it or relatives...

I notice that when I take the iBook out people always want to play with it lol,
    and my mom tries to say it's hers all the time lol, I can barely use it...

So, when you go out with your portable, especially the new ones, do people get addicted if you let them try it?

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Yes, since taking my MBP into school, all the other Mac users (all 6 or 7 of them) have started bringing theirs in. Since that, about 10 other people who already have laptops are wanting to sell their (in some cases brand new) PC laptops in order to get MacBooks. :p

3. cbetta macrumors regular

same here. i was actually wondering if apple shouldnt start a ambassador program where i can send my switchers. i have now converted 5 people in 6 months :D

4. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

:D

"switch 5 people within the next month and win an iPod Shuffle!"

great, I have 5000 songs :p

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

People certainly have a bigger reaction to a PowerBook than the desktop Macs or iMacs.

Funny, I've been using Macs since 1991 and I've never had a non-obsolete PowerBook for daily use till I bought one in May. I guess I am strong in spirit...;)

6. shawsinio macrumors regular

i love that the title of this thread has made little ad's about heroin and drug addiction appear on the page...:D

7. BoA* thread starter macrumors member

BoA*

Well, people do try to sell all their stuff when a new Mac comes out to pay for it :p.

8. meepm00pmeep macrumors 6502

meepm00pmeep

yes, i've converted a number of people... wait til they see my MBP when i get it... LOL :D

9. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

I work for apple...true stories:

college kid/high school kid comes in for a base macbook cuz one of their friends have one. mommy/daddy shells out what they think is a 1200 waste of money they are replacing within the year. turns out the parents start using it for office/internet, their little siblings use it (for garageband, photobooth) and then they are walkin out within the next couple of months with either 2 new imacs, a MBP and imac, etc. so in a sense, mac computers are like crack without the negative side effects