Mac addicts anonymous

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kingsly, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Er, hello. My name is Kingsly and I, um, am a Mac addict.
    It all started when I got my first Mac, an eMac. About a year later I got an iPod. That was a little over a year ago, and I don't think I have been without my iPod since. Last summer I took a trip to Thailand, and the whole time I was a nervous wreck without my computer. Whenever I got online I checked Mac Rumors. Even in Thailand my iPod was by my side, plus a backup - just in case:)
    Anyway, I survived and made it home. Shortly afterwards I sold my iPod and was in agony (level 14 on the 1-10 hospital pain scale) for a whole week while waiting for my 5G to ship. The day It came a friend played a joke on me and said FedEx drove by while I was busy, without delivering the iPod. He came within an inch of his life.
    As of late, I find that I can no longer function in daily life without having an Apple related product nearby. I find myself slipping Apple related comments into unrelated conversations. I check Mac Rumors before beginning my day. Its like coffee for me. Steve Jobs could single handedly whup the Justice League in my world. I could not function until I ordered my Mac Book Pro. Now I cant function until March 20th, the proposed shipping date. I speak to Apple representatives on the phone more than friends and family. Whenever entering an Apple store, I get that warm fuzzy feeling and become extremely relaxed all at the same time. I feel the Apple store is my second home. In movies and TV, my eyes are magnetically attracted to Apple products on camera. Feb 28th is my baby brother's due date (via C-section) and I find myself worrying more about getting Airport reception in the lobby.

They say the first step is admitting it.
    Who would like to go next?
    You?

2. mac.head.high macrumors regular

mac.head.high

You watching Tonnami and [adult swim] also? Venture Brothers now, because I'm behind on Tivo.

I don't have to admit to anything. I'm in total control DAD! I can quit whenever I want.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not addicted to either MacRumors or Macs. I don't actually like either of them. Denial is the best remedy. Bottle it up, boys.

4. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I tried that route. It didn't work. Eventually I sank deeper and deeper into the spinning vortex that is Apple.

5. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

I'm addicted...way to much. You dont want to hear my stories :D

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

7. mac.head.high macrumors regular

mac.head.high

Just look at my signature, it's a friggin' cry for help.

8. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Ok Mad, give me all your Macs .. I got a BAD case of apple disease.. :eek: :eek:

i'm a Mac addict and there's NO cure for it .. i was infected i think 3yrs ago 'cuz my brother's dvd he burned for my dad.. And now it's full Blown ..

:eek: :D :eek: :cool:

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Ah, a masochist. ;)

Me? I'm thinking of selling my PowerMac (just no room when my office turns into a playroom), and the thought almost makes me cry. Well, not cry, because, you know, I'm a manly man. But, when I think of selling it, dirt often seems to get in my eye. Odd coincidence.

I'd say a day without Macs is like a day without sex. Except that I can't remember the last day I went without Macs, as opposed to the other thing, which is a bit of an opposite situation. ;)

10. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

and girls...
    :D

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Are you implying (via inviso-text) that he doesn't like "them" either? ;) That you don't like MR and Macs? Or that you need an excuse to drink?

12. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

<Private Joker John Wayne impersonation>
    A day without Macs is like a day with sunshine!
    </Private Jocker John Wahne impersonation>

I'm not addicted to Macs, I'm addicted to the World Wide Web, and my Mac (and its MAC :p ) is the easiest way to my daily fix. :D :D :D :D

13. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

woah woah woah no way jobs could take out the JLU or JLA for that matter.

14. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I spend way too much time on here, will start cutting back to 1 hour a day!

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm cool man....I don't need a mac! I hate macs!

Freaking lying through my teeth....

Bless

16. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

I dont recommend Cold Turkey to anybody!!!!

I had to do it for 2 weeks when my Mac was in the shop for service. Im pretty ive devolped a certain twitch from that time.

17. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Like I said, Thailand almost killed me. The reason I say almost is that the iPod acted like a nicotine patch.

With a quad G5? I dont know...

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

:p implying that girls love MR and macs too. (but you knew that you cheeky wee lad)

and who needs an excuse to drink? ;) :D

*hiccup* opening a corona to get started on my projects i just brought home from the hardware store. (i bought new blinds, and a ceiling fan woohoo powertools!)

19. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

My name is Neil, and I am an addict.

I went to dinner at a friend of the wife's house on Sat. There were 6 of us. 5 work for various tech firms, I go to law school. Everybody else wanted to talk about life and other things, but I ended up dragging the conversation back to Apple over and over again. We had rapid discussions about the intel transition and about tomorrow's event. I felt happy.

That same day, we went to the Apple store. We were there long enough that my wife said "I'm going to wait for you outside. I'm tired of this place." I let her wait almost another hour before I was ready to leave. I spend everyday trying to convince her that we need another computer. Doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it was Jobs approved. I should mention that I am about to leave my job, meaning that our funds will become even tighter....but I jsut don't care.

My name is Neil, and I am an addict.

20. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I too find that alcohol and power tools go well together. There are some bad aspects - which is why I need to type my posts with a stick in my mouth and my one remaining foot activating the control keys - but it's generally quite fun. And, as an added bonus, the alcohol helps both to ease the pain of a severed limb and to sterilize it.

Edit: hmmm.... is it a bad sign that iBlue hasn't posted since five minutes after her post above?

21. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

haha, i'm fine :p blinds look great.

22. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    LOL

You guys are funny.....

What is it about the Apple products that make us all so exited? It's like a private club or something....

I'm an addict for sure, and I'll tell anyone who will listen, but it's tough. My one friend is so into her Dell notebook, "It's the best thing ever!!" I just nod and say , "ya....it's.....great" She got a virus yesterday:rolleyes:

I for one hope that OS X stays reserved for Apple hardware, and that Apple keeps it's low profile marketshare...

I am an addict, and I don't care.

23. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

All you addicts make me sick. You should all be ashamed of yourself, luckily I'm here to preach to you all about your wicked, wicked ways. Just disgusting behaviour from you all.Anyone want to buy me a new Mac? I need a fix!!

24. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Addiction is no worse than denial.
    And go buy your own bloody fix!!

25. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I can't buy my own bloody fix, I'm sailing on a particularly long river in Egypt....