.Mac Address Book?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by bellboy, Jan 2, 2003.

1. bellboy macrumors member

Has anyone been able to get the .Mac Address Book to sync up with iSync? I can't seem to do it?

2. daytona63 macrumors member

Too soon

"Available Jan. 7" according the the .Mac webpage <www.mac.com> Perhaps this has something to do with the site being down earlier today...and maybe it points to other cool stuff on the 7th! Man, I hope so.

3. bellboy thread starter macrumors member

Yep, you're totally right!

You really can't see much in the screen shot on the website, but from what I can see, the online address book looks like it'll be pretty good!

edit:

Hmmm... I was just thinking. I wonder why they've decided to wait until MacWorld to make the address book available? I wonder if there are more .Mac additions that will be announced on the 7th that will tie in with the address book?

From all accounts, this MacWorld looks like it's going to be a really good one! (granted, they always seem that way beforehand...)

4. daytona63 macrumors member

Cool features

From the picture at www.mac.com, it looks like we'll be able to both add new contacts and edit existing contacts ONLINE. That's a great feature! I was afraid that it would be one-sided, where you could only edit the contacts on your computer and then display them via .Mac. There is also a Preferences button and a Mail button (I think, 5th from the left, which looks like the present Get Mail button), which tells me that the address book will be better integrated than it is now. I just recently started converting my Address Book yo html and posting it onto my website via a nifty program (inaccessible to others, of course), but this will be much better, and easier to boot. Nice feature! Let's hope for some more too.

edit:

My comment about adding and editing contacts comes from identifying the 2nd and 3rd buttons from the left as New and Edit buttons.

5. daytona63 macrumors member

Oh yeah

Oh, and we better be able to see ALL the contact information. I'm afraid about the line "key contact information." ALL of my contact information is key. Aaaarrrgh, now I'm worried.

6. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Re: Oh yeah

There is a thread over at macnn.com: http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138406. It talks about how iSynch doesn't synch all the data but only the first one in the field or something like that. I assume since .Mac address book will use iSync it will also not contain all your contact info. That seems so stupid to me! Why would Apple think that people just wouldn't need all their contact info. If they're going to do this they should do it right.