Mac Address on Box?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by powerbook911, Jul 29, 2007.

1. macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    One thing with my iPhone was having a hard time finding the mac address, to add it to my wireless router. It was only found inside the phone's menus.

What about on the Apple TV? Does the box list the mac address? Trying to get things ready, for when it comes, so I'd like to know where to find it, when it gets here.

2. macrumors 68000

Apr 27, 2006
    in your pants
    Just one thing I couldn't help but notice: A lot of newbies and such make the mistake of referring to their Macs as "my MAC", which is the acronym for Media Access Control. I've never seen it done the opposite way though. :p

And I'd imagine the MAC address would be right on the bottom or back of the :apple:TV, as well as on the box.
  3. thread starter macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    I apologize for not capitalizing every letter in MAC. I just always figured if you were talking about wireless stuff people would know you meant the Media Access Control.
  4. macrumors 68020

Jan 3, 2006
    I think the settings menu has that info, but I am not sure.
  5. macrumors 6502

May 3, 2007
    Its either on the packaging or on the unit itself (bottom). It is also listed in the network settings menu.