Mac Advert Comic.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pianodude123, May 13, 2006.

1. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Haha, the comic is kind of funny if you take it out of context. But then you look at the name of their website...

3. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

I've noticed an interesting phenomenon. Generally when Mac users complain about PCs, they can produce actual real-world examples of their shortcomings (probably because we have little choice but to use Windows for work, etc...). When PC users complain about Macs, you either get stuff like that or "Macs don't have any games, so they sux0r." Sigh.

4. steelfist macrumors 6502a

i was planning to post this here, you beated me to it.

they are still in that 1996 world where macs aren't known at all.

hopeless? not even negative attention? that's all crap. it gets lots of attention, even gets numerous reviews and recommendations from pc magazine and pc sites.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    haha its actually quite funny, too bad it isnt true :)

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

funny but not true

you need to be able to laugh at yourself before others

7. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

A really good spoof.

I liked it quite a lot. I think the Mac community can handle that. I'm perfectly happy to let them have their funny cartoon & their viral plauges, & their continual freezes, & their crumby OS, while I go about the business of owning the better computer.

8. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

9. charmin macrumors member

charmin

As far as I understand it, Tim Buckley of cad-comic.com has a good relationship with Ananth and Hawk of applegeeks.com and the two of them have made plenty of comedy digs at each other in their comics in the past. I was quite hoping for applegeeks to have written a retort comic in response to that one, but no such luck. Maybe in a couple of days :D

10. Scruff macrumors member

Well, they're right, partially. A lot of the PC community has the stance that they just don't care about Macs, and it's a big part of the reason we don't get viruses. The people that write the damn things just never need to infect Macs, because not enough people use the things for them to matter.

Yes, it's true it's harder to write them for Macs, but it's not impossible, and if Macs were popular enough I have no doubt there would be a plethora of viruses for the Mac. That's still to our advantage, though. A company switching won't really see viruses as much of a threat to their new Macs, not at first. But once everyone is using them... well, then it'd be a concern.

I always thought those ads were arrogant and condescending. The Mac community will always be seen that way if we always act smug when confronted with our own faults. Ctrl+Alt+Del is brilliant comic, and it's a gaming comic. It's right that they don't care, because we're hardly gamer friendly. If you don't like what they said about the ads, don't search for Apple in the archives... won't be to your liking. :/

11. jive macrumors 6502a

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I thought it was funny. I cry myself to sleep some nights too...but not particularly because I have a Mac.

13. jive macrumors 6502a

I think CAD is great, very funny sometimes. Xbot ftw! He can play with himself...

14. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I think I smell the fear of a relevant Mac in that comic ...

15. steelfist macrumors 6502a

also reminds me of the appearance of the g4 macbot.

xbot to g4 bot." i can do everything you can do, and also play games."
    lol