Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've been using my .Mac account in Adium for several months now, and it's been fine. But recently (within the past few weeks), it's been popping up and asking for my password, despite having the "remember password" box ticked. Sometimes it connects straight away, sometimes it asks for my password then works, and sometimes I have to enter my password 2 or 3 times before it accepts it.

Adium isn't giving me an "incorrect password" message, but I guess that the .Mac/AIM server is rejecting my password. Has anyone else been experiencing this behaviour? Any suggestions?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
try changing your password...

that did the trick for me when AIM decided my password sucked...

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
It appears to be working in iChat, but I can't say for sure since it's an intermittent problem.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Same problem? Interesting. All my friends use MSN too, I only set up AIM because Doctor Q asked me to :rolleyes:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Nermal said:
I've been using my .Mac account in Adium for several months now, and it's been fine. But recently (within the past few weeks), it's been popping up and asking for my password, despite
What version of Adium are you running?

0.87b5 (yes, it's beta) fixes a bunch of AIM issues that 0.86 and ealier have.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Nermal said:
Does "before" cover the last few weeks? :eek:

Oh nope. It was like an hour ago. Everything I had connected to the AIM network went down (iChat and ADIUM). .Mac (AIM) account kept asking for my password. A few PC friends had the same issue.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
No its not the outage that happened a few hours ago... I've been having this problem for a few weeks, too. I'll try the beta and let you know if it fixes things.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I haven't had any problems since installing the beta of Adium, but I won't know for sure that it's fixed it for a few days - sometimes with the old version it would work for a couple of days before failing.

Thanks for all your help :)

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Nermal said:
I haven't had any problems since installing the beta of Adium

Bam! It just happened again :(

Edit: I see that 0.87 is out of beta now, so I'll give that a go.

Edit 2: It just happened again :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.