Mac Airport and Wireless Cams

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by prowler98, Sep 10, 2006.

1. prowler98 macrumors newbie

Can someone tell me if Apple or some other company makes a wireless webcam that will communicate with my Mac Mini, possibly through the Airport system ?? I need to be able to install the cam in my cabin in Utah, and than access it via the internet from my computer here in Vegas. Thanks in advance !! DW

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

You can connect it w/ a really long cable to a mac mini server or something and than remotely acess it from your computer in vegas

3. prowler98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wireless Webcam

I was aware that I could connect a cat5 to it. Why is it that Windows has figured out how to run a wireless webcam, yet Mac has not ??? DW

4. Gee macrumors 65816

Your question should be: why have some manufacturers bothered to write Mac drivers for their wireless webcams, and others have not?

A quick search reveals at least one product, from Axis, that is compatible. There may be others. I have no experience with any of them though.

5. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Check out Axis. I am still figuring out my firewall for remote access but my 207W looks like it should work fine. It will email me if it senses motion and allow remote access.

Oh, and check out SecuritySpy.