.mac and dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hugemullens, Apr 2, 2003.

1. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

Anybody have any idea how to configure Dreamweaver MX to use a .mac webpage. Currently i mount my iDisk and dreamweaver thinks the "sites" folder is my remote site. I was wondering if anyone knows what i have to do to actually ftp in and do it remotely.

2. the_wallcrawler macrumors regular

i was trying to figure this out as well. i posted the same question awhile back and didnt get much help. i currently do the same thing you do. hopefully we can get an answer this time around.......

come on guys and gals.......;)

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: .mac and dreamweaver

As far as I know iDisk does not run over ftp, it's afp or WebDAV only.

4. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Yeah and even though Dreamweaver does support WebDAV, it doesn't work (I've confirmed it at the Apple support forums). I can't wait to switch ISP so I can serve by myself and get rid of these stupid annoyances!

irmongoose

5. bellis1 macrumors 6502

Using dreamweaver on .Mac pages

Is it possible to edit a .mac page installed over the web in dreamweaver. Whenever I take one of those pages, such as the index, edit it in dreamweaver and then put it back on the site it gets messed up. I am sure that there are template files stored somewhere outside of the personal website locations. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.