mac and IRC

Discussion in 'Community' started by briddygirl, Dec 26, 2002.

1. briddygirl macrumors newbie

I am trying to find soe good mac devoted servers/channels to find mac stuff. Most of IRC seems to have all windows related junk, and no mac things. Is there such a place? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Well, Macrumors has a channel. I doubt if anyone will be in there until MW and that's only if arn decides to advertise it.

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

yeah... the Macrumors channel is just for special events mostly... or when the forums are closed for any reason.

DalNet and EFNet have #macintosh channels... but like most IRC channels, they are of variable quality.

arn

4. briddygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, its not that IRC is all that great compared to some of the p2p apps, but the shear quantity of files that you can find is overwhelming.

5. dreamlance macrumors regular

Esper.net also has a #macintosh channel but it's fairly boring. You can find a lot of files on IRC but just watch who you're getting them from.

6. briddygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW! not to mention that there were a couple (2 or 3 out of 40) flagrant ******* know-it-alls. Remind me never to visit a mac chat channel again. Man, get some manners whoever you were...

7. dreamlance macrumors regular

Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole barrel for you. Not everyone in those channels are utter *******s. Some are actually quite helpful.

8. Dr. Distortion macrumors regular