.Mac and Mail misbehaving a lot lateley

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by srobert, Jun 7, 2006.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hello.

My .Mac email has been acting strangely for the pas few days. After reading some posts on Apple's discussion forums, looks like I'm not alone. It's widespread. Here is a list of the weird things that have been happening:

• Read messages sometimes get remarked as unread
    • Deleted messages sometime reappear in inbox
    • Some messages disappear from sent folder.
    • Some spam mails moved to the junk folder sometime reappear in my inbox, even though they still are tagged as spam.
    • and since this morning I can't even login. Mail.app rejects my password and the web interface tells me "Your information could not be displayed" when I try to acces my email.

I've also been getting a lot of spam lately.

No fixes yet.

All status lights for .Mac are green.

Anybody else experienced anything similar?

Edit: support light for Mail has now turned yellow.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

.Mac was having issues a few days ago but claims to have them sorted now. I still can't sync one of my machines though, despite using a bevy of troubleshooting techniques. :(

I don't use .Mac email because I'm impatient. :eek:

3. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Yep - I've been having the read/unread and deleted email issues, it's been really annoying.

Perversely I'm glad you've posted this - I thought it was another Intel Mac foible!

4. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

On a sidenote about the SPAM. This guy has come up with a super nice Applescript that will forward the raw source of every message in your Junk folder to spam@mac.com and spam@uce.gov, the Federal Trade Commission's official spam-report mailbox. Following that, the script will delete all messages in the Junk folder.

Link

Looks like a lot of people are having trouble syncing on the .Mac support forums.

5. drewzer987 macrumors newbie

My mail is down this morning, too. And I've been having those same problems. I'd have thought this would've been fixed by now, it's been a couple weeks!!

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, which sucks, especially as Apple said it's all meant to be fixed now. :(

7. rolfdenver macrumors newbie

rolfdenver

I can log in, but still get the "unable to connect" message

This has been happening a LOT for me lately and is extremely inconvenient. I can access my .Mac mail on my home Mac with no problem, but when I use my work computer (Windows XP, Internet Explorer as the only available browser) I get this infuriating message. And there's no button for me to report the problem to .Mac.

I'm paying $99 a year for the privilege of a far smaller email account than gmail provides. The main reason I pay for .Mac is the great webpage tools that are tightly integrated with iWeb. I sure hope Apple will fix this pronto. And longer-run, I hope Apple will make .Mac competitive with Google by either lowering the price or offering even more syncing/integration, or both.