Mac and The Matrix

Discussion in 'Community' started by stoid, Aug 17, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Well, it's been more than quite a while since we've had a "Macs and..." thread, and now that the hype has gone almost completely flat from Reloaded, and Revolutions is too far away to get excited about yet, perhaps we can talk about this subject in an orderly non-craz-induced delirium. Get some honest opinions on the second movie, and hopes for the third. Answer questions like:

Didn't Neo say at the end of the first one something about showing us something new that "they" didn't want us to see? All I saw was more Kung Fu, but nothing new.
    Why hasn't the site been updated in nearly two and a half months?
    Does anybody (including Wachowski's and Co.) still care about the movies?
    Will Revolutions be as confusing as Reloaded?

My own personal thoughts: Morpheus will die in Revolutions, and be brought back to life. The other two of the "big three" Neo and Trinity died in the first two, so I figure it's his turn now.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well until the 3rd comes out i just keep watching to opening scene to the mtv movie awards, so funny.

iJon

3. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I think I was one of the few people who thought Reloaded was amazing. The plot depth jumped about ten notches in my humble opinion, and I just ate it all up. Some of the CG was bad, but hey - I just wince and bear it.

As far as predictions go, I'm not really sure what I think is going to happen yet.

Let me think about it and I'll post some ideas...

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Reloaded *was* amazing, I saw it twice and I want to see it again.

5. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I agree that Reloaded. I saw it on an Imax, and it was six stories high! It's plot wasn't quite as in depth as the first one, though. The only confusing part was the end, which leaves suspense for the next one.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

honestly, the primal dance party in the cave really ruined it for me... it just didn't fit in. Loved seeing zion, but was disappointed by it's size... i expected something larger, less like a giant pipe...

and the architect scene was fabulous... im surprised they revealed so much in that scene. But perhaps it will all change in the 3rd movie, who knows...

pnw

7. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Yep, that scene ruined it for me too. I'm not a prude by any strecth, but it was too long, and seemed pointless. I'm sure it was backdrop material for the conception of Trinity and Neo's future kid (that HAS to be it), but geez, I didn't need to see 15 minutes of mass orgy dancing. Bring on the plot development! That said, I still loved the movie.

Regards,
    Gus

8. Tre-c macrumors newbie

haha hey ijon do you know where to fin the opening sceen online i heard it was so funny. andy dick is amaizing

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Reloaded had several problems.

1. The fact that a kiss can bring someone back to life. This is way too easy and too cheesy. The first movie had a problem similar to this.

2. A rave in a cave. Need I say more?

3. That tacky sex scene that tried SO hard to be artistic.

4. The VERY cliched end, which just screamed, "SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL!" We already knew there was going to be a sequel. OK?

The plot wasn't terribly substantive, either. Overall, it wasn't that good of a movie.

Good things? The keymaker. The architect.

I suspect the architect is simply another program, like the agents, the keymaker, and the oracle.

But the architect's monologue was very well done.

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Re: Mac and The Matrix

I thought that at the end of the Matrix Neo was threatening the machines with revealing the real world to everyone inside the Matrix, which appears to be Revolutions territory.

11. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Of course the Architect's a program; the machines made the Matrix, didn't they?

About Zion and the rave: Remember how it's been said, more than once now, that the first version of the Matrix was perfect? Ah, but it's the machines (Agent Smith, the Architect) who are applying that term. To them, simply programming out the negative or chaotic aspects of existence and creating a clean, orderly, logical world would seem like paradise. To us, it eliminated too much of what makes us human, and so it wasn't accepted. And so we have the Matrix v2.0 (at least), and two diametrically opposed ways of looking at the world.

To sum: The machines wouldn't understand Zion's celebration either, would they? (with the possible exception of the Oracle, maybe.)

I'm guessing that the third film will solve the man/machine conflict by finding some kind of a bridge between the human experience and the sterility of machine logic. We shall see!

12. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

The Matrix.com update

Well, the Matrix homepage finally gets an update at esactly 2 and a half months from the previous updates, but what does it mean?

13. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

hmmmm......
    just noticed that the update is the half-way make between the final roll-out of Reloaded and the opening day of Revolutions...
    another puzzle piece?? :rolleyes:

14. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

It's a code for the link to the Revolutions trailer.

Go into the high bandwidth section of the site, click on the yellow dot up on the right of the navigation area. After the thingy slides out, click on what appears to be a light that's turned off. Like a console light. This should take you to the binary access section.

For the first part, enter: 01101111

now, you should be in the hexadecimal area.

enter the 3A342CE3 (the code backwards)

you should now be able to view the trailer :)

the whole message is backwards

tstng brdcst dpth TRLR

which translates to "tetsting broadcast depth trailer"

:)

enoch

15. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

cool...

16. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

very nicely done but how the heck did you know all that??

17. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

when "Enter The Matrix" was released, in the "hacking" part of the game, there were a bunch of codes that you entered on the site.

the codes would give cheats for the game, and a Neb model kit was also available via the codes.

enoch

18. robbybogers macrumors member

Has anyone been able to download the trailer? Everytime I try to it keeps disconnecting about half way through the download.

19. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

i couldnt get any of the trailers to download it would download the whole thing but when i played it, only the first few seconds of audio and video would play -- then it would go black and silent but continue to play....did yours work? I tried to DL to my HD but same problem...

20. robbybogers macrumors member

has anyone been able to download the trailer that works. if you have could you post it on a web page for the rest of us?

21. rxstress macrumors newbie

i just got the trailer off of kazaa lite, it looks cool...