Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcongj

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
How do most of those apps run on the MBA. I am most interested in some of the star war games and maybe some world of warcraft. Do you think it would be worth waiting for the 2012 version of the MBA to come out?

scarred

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
How do most of those apps run on the MBA. I am most interested in some of the star war games and maybe some world of warcraft. Do you think it would be worth waiting for the 2012 version of the MBA to come out?

If you want to play casual games with the MBA, I would absolutely wait for the 2012 version. Or even the MBP refresh...

zicoos

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
As scarred already said, if you want to play games on MBA maybe it's better to wait for an updated version as it probably will have some other improvements other than the HD4000 (better cooling perhaps?).

However, I play WoW on my MBA 2011 for over a month now, daily for over 2 hours sometimes and while it does get a little hot, the game runs smooth on lower settings. If you don't mind lower quality settings like me - you will be pleased.

It's always good to have a cooling pad, though. I have purchased an aluminum one that is very quiet and keeps my MBA cool even when playing WoW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.