Mac App Store glitch?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chriscrk, May 4, 2012.

1. chriscrk, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012

macrumors 6502

Nov 14, 2011

In my updates section, it says I have an update for the "Nynan Cat: Lost in Space" app. Problem is, I've never downloaded it! It's not on my Applications folder or anything, either.
    I downloaded the iOS version ages ago (deleted now).

The weirdest part is that when I click the update button, in the Apple ID section, I get this: "", which isn't my Apple ID. I have never even seen that mail before :/
  2. macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2012
    when did you jailbreak your phone? Cause that happens all the time with others phones who have been running the "installous" app under cydia.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 14, 2011
    Only time I jailbroke was like, 2 years ago, using a different iPod, and when I didn't own this mac yet.

My curren't iPod isn't jailbroken.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 20, 2006
    Washington State
    AlabamaSlammer doesn't realize you're talking about your Mac and that this is happening in the Mac App Store.

This is happening because at some point you installed an app pirated from the Mac App Store.
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh right lol. Okay, thanks :)
  6. macrumors 6502

Jun 27, 2008
    I have this same problem, with the same address. I have at no time purposefully downloaded a pirate Mac App Store application. I've searched through all of the MASreciept files on my machine and they all correspond to applications that are from the store.

Regardless, I have gone through everything that I have downloaded recently and removed it, legit or not to see if anything would remove this. So far I have found no way to track down what's causing this.
  7. macrumors member

Nov 1, 2010
    I've the very same problem on my Mac Mini that has been just recently reinstalled. Never had installed a cracked App and I do not have the problem on my other rMBP.
  8. macrumors newbie

Jun 28, 2010
    I need this fix!

Can anyone help I have the same problem cant find a fix!
  9. macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2013
    Having the same problem. I just think that i need to uninstall/delete something from my Mac that is "changed" and the person who did it is tha same that owns the email account.