Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
My Mac App Store doesn't seem to be wanting to download any updates it just stays on these two screens aswell as the screen showing the list of apps ready for updating but nothing happens when I click update.

350jv45.png

rt01vd.png

I've had to manually download iTunes 12.2 from the website and I can't even download 10.10.4

My internet connection is working fine too

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
I was having this same issue yesterday. Tried rebooting several times and never fixed it. I gave up finally because it was late. This morning it was just like normal.

Reactions: macosxuser01

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I was having this same issue yesterday. Tried rebooting several times and never fixed it. I gave up finally because it was late. This morning it was just like normal.
I tried to again tonight no luck. This is what I'm viewing right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 10.21.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 10.21.42 PM.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 873

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
im also having this exact problem: two updates pending (including iTunes) and nothing happens when i hit UPDATE and then after that the App Store freezes completely.. been like this since Tuesday for me

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
i figured out how to fix this (at least it worked for me): use the terminal to manually install the updates.

Open the terminal (spotlight>terminal)

enter: softwareupdate -i -a

the update(s) then installs manually and once it finishes, restart your computer and check the mac app store again. it should now work as normal.

melbasal

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2015
My Mac App Store doesn't seem to be wanting to download any updates it just stays on these two screens aswell as the screen showing the list of apps ready for updating but nothing happens when I click update.

350jv45.png

rt01vd.png

I've had to manually download iTunes 12.2 from the website and I can't even download 10.10.4

My internet connection is working fine too

melbasal

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2015
This is a software issue. I had the same problem and finally came to discover the solution in very few steps:
1-Shut down the computer
2- start it up while holding the option key
3- choose Recovery disk
4- click on reinstall the software (what ever software you have).
It will reinstall the new software without deleting any of the info. you have had prior reinstallation.

tobsn

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2015
just in case someone else finds this post like me - I had the exact same issue, wasn't able to resolve it until resetting PR ram and deleting apple store plists:

rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist

I don't know which one it fixed, deleting the prefs or resetting PR ram... but one of it fixed it.

AlliePallie

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2015
Same problem.
Restarted from a backup drive. Ran Disk Warrior. Restarted from the main drive.
No problem.

akss

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2016
i figured out how to fix this (at least it worked for me): use the terminal to manually install the updates.

Open the terminal (spotlight>terminal)

enter: softwareupdate -i -a

the update(s) then installs manually and once it finishes, restart your computer and check the mac app store again. it should now work as normal.

Thanks a lot. That helped.

Reactions: otternonsense

khatchad2

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2016
just in case someone else finds this post like me - I had the exact same issue, wasn't able to resolve it until resetting PR ram and deleting apple store plists:

I don't know which one it fixed, deleting the prefs or resetting PR ram... but one of it fixed it.

I also had to kill the store processes.

JP_Kesemeyer

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2016
This with a reboot worked for me....

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
It doesn't always work. Doesn't for me (I killed the process too).

I'll wait it out for a day or two in the hope it fixes itself.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
It doesn't always work. Doesn't for me (I killed the process too).

I'll wait it out for a day or two in the hope it fixes itself.

I'm haveing this too. Assuming it's an issue on Apples side I'm going to try tomorrow too

chatoyer

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
Te Wai Pounamu, New Zealand
I'm haveing this too. Assuming it's an issue on Apples side I'm going to try tomorrow too

Good to know I'm not the only one. I managed to use the terminal to update to 10.12.1, thinking something about my system may have been borked. Even still, clicking on updates in the App Store shows me the two things that have already been updated (a few weeks ago).

Reactions: jjk454ss

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Good to know I'm not the only one. I managed to use the terminal to update to 10.12.1, thinking something about my system may have been borked. Even still, clicking on updates in the App Store shows me the two things that have already been updated (a few weeks ago).

I might do the terminal thing if it's not working tomorrow, it's not that big of a deal to me right now. Mine says there are five updates, so I'm not even sure what they are. I think maybe pages, numbers, keynote were all updated also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.