Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Any teachers in the house?

I'm looking for some piece of software to create tutorials for my staff. I need it to be interactive, and obviously record results at the end.

If only Keynotes did it!

If anyone can guide me to something like this (not too expensive really!), I'd be grateful.

Many thanks.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
This may be what you are looking for...
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/home_learning/quizpress.html

However, if you really need something specialized, you could create a simple website housing screenshots, questions and answers, etc and have it run from PHP and MySQL.

As far as that goes, it would be pretty easy if you have some experience with web design.

All you would need to do is design yourself a template page, add a PHP header with your information to query the database and where it would need to look.

Then, you would do a PHP loop to query which number of the questions that you are on, then pull $current_picture $current_question $answer_one_val $answer_two_val $answer_three_val $answer_four_val

Then, you just submit "$answer = $selection"
if($selection == 1)
$answer = 1;
else if($selection == 2)
$answer = 2;
- - - - etc... - - - -

If you want to do this option, send me a PM and I can walk you through some of the technical side.

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll see what the quiz thing's like - it might be ideal!

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
I did a bit of exploratory work on developing e-learning solutions in work before I got redeployed. Never got to deployment though, so I can only be of limited help.

You need a content management solution and a learning management system. Knowledge Presenter do a decent system combining both (but the development system requires Windows and it's a bit pricey.

Powerpoint also has a kiosk mode where people can learn at their own pace, clicking through screens.

Edit: Just found this and it's free - seems pretty highly regarded too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.