Mac article in Wall Street...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lilscoy, Jun 20, 2002.

1. lilscoy macrumors member

There is an article in today's Wall Street Journal (6/20/02) entitled "Are You Really A Mac Type?", written by Walter S. Mossberg. It's on the front page of the Marketplace section. Anyway, the article addresses the idea of switching from a PeeCee to a Mac, and goes about comparing them. Honestly, I though I was about to read a Mac-bashing article, but it ended up making Macs look pretty good. I was happy about that. It talks about basically how they are pretty much better all around. It notes that the only real people who shouldn't switch are those who work strictly through a Windoze network, and heavy gamers...I'm not sure I agree though. Although it did mention that Jaguar should fix some networking issues. The one thing that I wasn't happy about was that it said the basic better thing about PeeCees was that they have faster processors...I just don't believe that. :)
    Anyway, you guys should check it out.
    lilscoy

P.S. If someone already started a thread on this...sorry. :)

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Shame i can't check that out from europe.....:)

The Wall Street get's quite a few readers, doesn't it? ;) Sounds like a pretty even-handed review. Kudos to the journalist for that.

3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Free Press is a great way of getting noticed. I post alot of articles like this one, good to see the additional press:)

4. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

why dont you believe it, the pcheese DOES have faster chips.
    If the macs had as fast chips the game would be over!