Mac as a secondary....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by walleyealx, Oct 27, 2006.

1. walleyealx macrumors member

Ok. im sorry to bother all of you with questions all the time, but here goes another one.

I am looking to buy a mac. Basically, I want the mac for: the software, the isight, and because they are hot.

I have a loaded dell that i can use for anything non-macOS, but i really want to use the apple applications.

I know what you are thinking... macbook... and thats what i thought too. But i would cry if they updated them soon.

Basically, i have it narrowed down to the CDMBP refurb. Thats 1449 (has 512 memory which i would upgrade to 2gb eventually).

Would this mbp be fine for running most MacOS applications with swiftness and cunning?

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated!! THANKS!!

2. walleyealx thread starter macrumors member

ugh... i keep coming back to the macbook, but then i realize that when they update it i will cry...:mad:

I think if i went MBP i'd be dumb to not go for the new one.

Im thinking, maybe if i get the macbook for cheap enough, that when the C2D come out in them i wont be as mad! :eek:

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Would it run with swiftness and cunning?

I have to think about that one. But do yourself a favour - for a usable configuration, get at least 1Gb RAM. 512 is unusable, unless you're a really big fan of the beachball that appears when it's swapping to disk (And for some bizarre reason a swapfile is something Apple have never quite mastered, unlike Microsoft)