Mac Baseball Scorekeeping software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fabravo, Apr 2, 2007.

1. fabravo macrumors newbie

I am on the search for something I can use to keep score for baseball games. Ideally, it would be freeware/shareware (or cost less than $15 -- I know, I'm dreaming, right?).

There seems to be a lot of software out there for PCs that will work, but I still only have a PowerBook, so it won't help me. Plus, they are really expensive.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

First, I found this app on Version Tracker. It's got a lot of manager tools, but doesn't seem to have a scorecard feature. Might be worth tinkering with, though.

Looking a little harder led me to Baseball Almanac, which offers downloadable scorecards in all sorts of formats -- from .pdf to .xls. Not a full fledged program, per se, but a presumably easy way to score the occasional game on your Mac.

I'm glad you posted this thread -- I love scoring a game once in a while (a fundamentally different way to experience baseball than just watching or listening), and I'm eager to try it on my PB, too.

3. fabravo thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. I'll check those out. I found this for Windows and it does everything I want (except run on a Mac!): http://www.scoreit.com/

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

what exactly are you doing, if you don't mind me asking?

5. fabravo thread starter macrumors newbie

My son likes to keep score along with baseball games on the radio and would like to do it on the computer from time to time. I also coach baseball, so I would be transferring the hand-written score book into this program to keep track of stats and print 'clean' copies.