mac better

Discussion in 'Games' started by DeSnousa, Jan 20, 2005.

1. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

i bought generals recently (great game). at the time of purchase i knew it would run but i thought on minimal specs. to my surprise i was able to plaay the game at 1024x768 with detail set at medium. i own the new 1.2ghz iBook. i recently switched to Mac (never going back) and i find that the ati 9200 hold up with the higher 128mb version, if not better. oh yeah ive got 768mb of ram that might be the cause. but when i took a friend (windows user) to a mac reseller he was surprised aslo by the specs that games where running on it in terms also of the quality. do you guys have any input or is it just me. i can hjust imagine a dual 2.5ghz G5powermac playing games. sweet and a over kill.

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Normally games don't run as well on macs compared to pc's. But you have to remember that 1 ghz mac is not the same as 1 ghz pc. A 1 ghz mac is faster then that of a pc.

3. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

This computer is terrrfic for gaming. My only hope is that Apple will release updated drivers for the 6800 series. They are underperforming a but right now. One thing you have to remember is that most games are not SMP Aware, and therefore do not take advantage of both processors. A single 2.5 is plenty fast for most games, however.

So instead, I can play Call of Duty for example, while folding, while browsing the internet, while listening to music, while chatting on AIM, while writing a paper, while.... :D

4. Benj macrumors regular

That would make it the same standard of work as produced during my glorious academic career...... :D

5. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

I'm glad you're having an enjoyable experience gaming on the Mac you own. It's a great feeling.

These are really great machines and DO run a number of games. Just keep in mind that you may not experience the same joy with all games ;)

6. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Yep, pretty much. I put in an order for an x800, so that will increase the overkill factor even more (compared to my 9600). Though once Doom III and related games start appearing, it might not seem like overkill anymore....

--Eric