Mac Book Black or White

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by glenm, Jun 6, 2006.

1. glenm macrumors newbie

Hey guys need help I already purchase the MB but its sitll back order. Just need your comments on which shd I go for Black or White. Any difference or its entirely personal choice. I havent seen the black but need your opinion. Thanks guys!

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I've seen black - it's a matte black, though, and not a 'glossy' black. So it's nothing like the black iPod, which is both good and bad.

For one, it's less striking then it would be if it's glossy (although the white Apple on the back still looks extremely cool, and the iSight blends in better) - however, it is much less prone to fingerprints than a glossy one would be (which, in the end, is very important...)

Personally, I say go for white (or go for the same color as whatever iPod you own). Black for an extra 150 bucks just isn't worth it - and the white one, in my opinion, looks better overall.

3. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

It's entirely personal choice. The base MB has a 1.83 processor and a combo drive. The next two are both 2.0ghz and come in black or white and the only difference is the size of the HD, which can be upgraded anyway. I personally like the white, so it's up to you!

4. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

id say go with the white 2.0GHz and upgrade to a bigger HD if you really need the space. the saved money could go to other things... like gas.

5. Garrettc87 macrumors newbie

My black mac brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like its better than yors

6. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

If you've already purchased it, stick with what you bought.

7. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

It's all personal preference. The blacks remind me of the "old" powerbooks- lombarrds, pismos. I'd choose white though. If they cost the same, it would be a much tougher choice for me.

8. macpastor macrumors regular

macpastor

I had a black one and took it back... Manager is friend so no restock, but still, I took it back since it was needing to be cleaned every 10 minutes and the trackpad got finger oil on it and took off some of the finish. I cleaned with iKlear and it would not clean up.

I am now typing on a 1.83 (I saved $400 so I got 2 GB RAM for $160 shipped and will upgrade to 100GB HD for $200.

Get the 1.83 and max it out for the cost of the black one.