Mac Book Pro ~ Palm Handhelds?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LingLing, Aug 17, 2006.

1. LingLing macrumors newbie

Aug 17, 2006
    Hello All,

I am very curious to know what Palm hand helds are compatible with the Mac Book Pro? :confused: If anyone has some hands on experience with this I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Many Thanks,

2. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

May 15, 2005
    NG9, England
    Most recent ones should be, (barring Treo 700w).

I have a Zire 72 and it works absolutely fine through Palm Desktop, but I would prefer to use it through iSync for calendars. However, it doesn't recognise the Palm software being on there and so iSync does not work for me.

As long as you are happy to sync through Palm Desktop, you should be fine with all the current range, (again, except the Windows based Treo 700w).
  3. discoforce macrumors 6502a

Jan 27, 2004
    Vermont, USA
    I went back to just using Palm Desktop, but I used to sync to iCal just fine using Apple's iSync conduit. Have you tried that?

To the OP: I have had no problems since I upgraded my palm to the Tungsten E2. Syncs just fine. Now when I was trying to use my old Palm IIIxe, that was a pain...
  4. LingLing thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 17, 2006

I will try the isync - thank you for the link and I will keep you updated with my results. Thanks again for your efforts they really are appreciated.:)
  5. almightyshoe macrumors regular

Jun 4, 2006
    B-Town, India
    Ok, so to sync up my E2, I just have to run isync? Will it interface with iCal and whatnot? Just got a Macbook two weeks ago, still trying to figure out some things.
  6. dansgil macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    If you're willing to spend the money, I suggest you use Missing Sync instead. It works much better than Palm Desktop/iSync.
  7. garfield2002 macrumors regular

Oct 31, 2003
    I have a Palm TX and a Tungsten E. Both sync perfectly with iSync on OS X.

Like dansgil metnioned I also recommend Missing Sync as it gives you more flexibilty and features. One very useful feature it adds is the ability to mount your memory stick as a seaparte disk drive. It also allows syncing with itunes and iphoto. Good luck. :)