mac-boot =/pci@f200000/mac-i0@17/ata-4@1f000/disk@o:8,\\

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Gokhan, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

i have got a se ibook and just cannot get it started zapped the pram rest pmu and nvram although there is no memory in the slots it has onboard memory but still it wont boot all i get is a grey screen and a message of /pci@f200000/mac-i0@17/ata-4@1f000/disk@o:8,\\ if i type mac-boot in open firmware help !!!!!

someone help apple are driving me nuts !!!!!!!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm no Open Firmware expert, but it sounds like something's happened to your Mac OS. Boot from the "Software Install" CD and see whether there's a System Folder on the hard drive.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

it looks as though your system is either trying to boot to a partition/disk with out Mac OS on it, or is trying to boot off of a no existant disk/partition.

Use your system disks to boot into OS9, use the System Disk Control Panel on the Disk to select the correct drive for booting. Also, before restarting, run OS9's disk utilities, and if you have the OSX disk handy, run those too. Restart and they you should be right a rain.

TEG

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

At the firmware write this 'dev /memory .properties' with out the '. hit enter. you would get a bunch of stuff..like
    dev type memory
    reg 000000000 10000000000

and other stuff...now the two terms infront of reg specify the starting address and the size of the ram. So its important that the second term is not all zeros. It would be 1 and some zeros.
    So you would know whether system is detecting any ram or not.
    As ppl said, try booting from the cd holding 'c' down, coz openfirmware then loads a file of type 'tbxi' which is called bootx on osx. So may be it is missing on your hard drive ..
    cheers