Mac Calendar (iCal)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jota73, Jul 20, 2006.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

I appreciate any comments or help...

I have created a calendar that need to share with my wife. I have published this and suscribed my wife to it (her mac account is just email) I have managed her to see the calendar, but she cannot update this calendar... I get a message that sas she cannot update calendars to which is suscribed.

Is there any way how to share a calendar and allow the others (having just a email mac account) to update/change the calendar?

Thanks for your help!

Juan

2. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

not sure if iCal can do this (new user to iCal too) but i do know there is other software that can do this. maybe someone else can point you to a good one.

ps. i used to work at a place that used a program called Meeting Maker i think that organized appointments that anyone could be given access to and add/edit.

3. condor macrumors member

I am pretty sure that iCal can't do what you want to do. I have the same problem, I would like my wife to be able to subscribe to my calendar and then be able to make changes on it. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to make this work.

Juan, I see you're from Bogota. I studied there for a semester in 1994 while I was in college and loved it!

4. jota73 thread starter macrumors 6502

jota73

Well guys! Thnks for your help any way... sorry for my late reply I have been pretty busy....
    I decided to suscribe to my wife's calendar, this way she will be able to update/edit and change her calendar whilst she is suscribed to mine as well!!

Hey condor, bogota is a really nice place! Are you from the states?

regards
    Juan

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

If you're not tied to iCal, you might give the new Google Calendars a try. I believe that they are available for changes by everyone who is subscribed.

If you have .mac, I believe you could form a group that could share calendars across multiple people, but I can't confirm this as I've never set up a group before.

Good luck.