Mac case ripoff's

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by simie, Apr 4, 2005.

1. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Here are some more G5 Power Mac case ripoff's, click here and here and here and here

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

4. simie thread starter macrumors 6502a

simie

Spot the G5 case clones on this page then

click here

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Wow! So much design goodness!

*swoon*

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Some of those chassis are actually quite nifty looking.

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Mmm... lovely!

Now, where did I put that credit card?

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm seeing a ton of these G5-ripoff towers anymore. Yet they always manage to make them look busy as opposed to elegant. I don't know about you, but I don't want a big robot head on the front of MY computer. Silly.

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Not unless it actually turns into a big robot. Then I might actually be interested.

10. simie thread starter macrumors 6502a

simie

You liked all the others, well this one is horrid.

Click here.

11. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

the green razotech is by far the most ugly electronic product casing i have ever seen, and if anyone has seen the new ps3 prototype, it looks like a big black box with camera like styling, im sure its fake most likely and boy do i hope so

12. simie thread starter macrumors 6502a

simie

I saw this today in a computer shop, I thought it looked quite nice.

Click here

13. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I thought PC people hate Macs and wouldn't want their computer to look like one. Do PC users like the Mac hardware but dislike Mac OS X?

14. brap macrumors 68000

Agreed, very cleverly laid out for a PC case. Some of the cases linked earlier on the xo-thing site were nice, too - though not many :rolleyes:

There's a similar thread in the Picture Gallery where you can find all kinds of nastiness.

15. bentley macrumors 6502

you can't generalise PC users to the same extent you can Mac users.

I'd say 70-80% of PC users wouldn't know what a Mac was or didn't know that it was any different.

16. simie thread starter macrumors 6502a

simie

17. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

it looks similar form a great distance :p but still it feels too much as a PC case ;-) freaky colour arrangements, blue lights... they try hard, but they don't get to he sleek design from apple... if they did they are sure to be sued that's why they stay away ;-)

but hey they look in any way better than other PC cases I've seen before ;-)

J

18. simie thread starter macrumors 6502a

simie

Here are more cases this time made by Ez Cool.

Another company that states "G5 Mac Style Case"

Click here

19. simie thread starter macrumors 6502a

simie

And of course you could recase your G4 and MDD G4 into any one of the G5 ripoff's instead of doing this or this, that is if you have the time and patience.

20. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

So they bash the Mac on it's own, the OS, the Apps, the packaging, etc. But in reality they try to mathc the cases (intel for the mini, these guys forthe PM G5 and soon a the iMac G5 too) and we always knew they copied the OS - what is it exactly that they hate about the Mac (outside of price ;) ) - I guess they just don't like the fruit :)

21. granus macrumors newbie

Obviously you guys haven't seen the one's from LianLi.

Look no further than Lian Li's latest line of ATX form factor cases to see the true G5 clone. Here is where you can check their cases out. These particular cases lack the handles, but retain the "elegance", as someone earlier put it. These even come with the high price ;). These cases are, on average, twice what most other PC cases cost, but they are nice.

22. Captnroger macrumors regular

they can imitate, but nothing will compare to the engineering of a G5 tower. Nothing. I just got one the other day, and I've built PCs since 1988. I am amazed at the quality of the construction of my DP1.8 box. nothing compares to it, nothing.

23. simie thread starter macrumors 6502a

simie

Yet more, this time they are made by Ez Cool and Codegen

Click here and then click on the last one here

Their can't be anymore rippoff's out there surely?

24. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

Some of the cases listed are clearly trying to imitate the G5 tower, but I thought many of them looked nothing like the G5 tower with the exception of the prominent handles on the top and bottom. However, that is like saying all humans look the same because we all have ears.

I like PCs and Macs. I wouldn't want my PC to look like a Mac and I wouldn't want my Mac to look like a PC. I just have a boring gray mid-tower right now, but when I build my next machine I'm getting the case windows, internal lighting, the whole nine yards. Yes, it is kind of gaudy but when you spend time picking out each and every component you want in your PC and you're putting quality stuff in there and laying it out well you want to show it off and geek out. Would it look nice out in the living area? Hell no! That's why my PC is in the bedroom with the CRT and large, clunky monitors and the Mac mini with my LCD and wireless keyboard/mouse is out in the living area.

Different uses, different styles... I like 'em both for different reasons. Of course the Mac wins out for overall beauty, but the flashy/gaudy pimp'ed out PCs have their appeal for me too. It might not be high art, but I think it's cool.

25. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

"NIFTY"?! Looks like something out of Battlestar Galactica... the 80's version. Or maybe the physical plant at O'Hare airport. Seen that?
    nah, to "Mad Maxish". No style. Just designed to "LOOK like something powerful by tacking on extreaneous crap.