@mac.com can log onto AIM?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMatt mini, Dec 22, 2005.

1. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

I think I've seen this before but just making sure. And I didn't know where to put this, but it has to do with applications.
    If I purchase .Mac and get the email address, I can use that email address on the AOL/AIM servers correct? I remember there used to be a thing where you would create the name under the 60 day trial and use it, this still works right?

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

You can create a trial account and after that expires you can still use the @mac.com address in iChat, or you could go out and buy .Mac and still get to use the @mac.com address in iChat, either way.

Hope that helps.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Are you trying to get a screenname for AIM, or something more sophisticated? AIM screennames are free... you don't need .Mac for that. But I didn't think you could access any other premium AOL features for free just by virtue of .mac....

5. iMatt mini thread starter macrumors 6502

No, no, I think I'm getting a .Mac membership for christmas, just wondering if I can use that mac.com email address as a sn also. So even after it expires, I can still use the name on AIM? That might not be good. I already signed up for my trial a few years ago with the name I want. :(