Mac come with a mouse pad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by RobHague, Sep 2, 2005.

1. RobHague macrumors 6502

So i ordered my first mac, and spent far too much money :eek:, well at least my 'original' plan was less than half what i spent so nevermind.

Anyway i think i might have a problem, it all arrives on Monday (5th Sept) but i have a new desk - a glass one. And i dont have a mouse pad :rolleyes: so im thinking the mouse is not going to work that well on glass ;) does the PowerMac G5 comes with a mouse pad in the box? (something small and apple like) or am i going to have to frantically try and purchase a good looking mouse pad for Monday :p

Ta

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

You're going to need a pad, Apple no longer ships mouse pads (not for many years, they used to back in the mid 90s I think ship the mouse pads).

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

They don't come with a mousemat as standard. Some retailers might pop one of their own ones in there, but I think it might be worth your while trying to find one of your own.

If it's any consolation, I had exactly the same problem when I constructed my shiny new glass desk, set up my Mac and tried to move the mouse... :p

4. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

I've been wanting an Apple mousepad forever, but could not find one that I liked. I went to CompUsa the other day, and there was the Apple Dashboard ("Where theres a widget theres a way") mousepad laying on top of a 30 inch montior. It didn't seem like they were using it, so I asked them if I could pay for it, and the dude, just told me to take it!!!! I was so excited. This was the mousepad I had my eye on for a while!!!!!

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

What Mac did you get since you say you have a glass top desk? Hope not a 50lb eMac :eek: :eek: Well enjoy it.

6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

He said in his post that he's getting a PowerMac G5.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think CompUSA will probably rip you off and try charging you $1.00 for a mouse pad.

Which means it'll probably cost more to drive to get one than it will be to actually purchase it.

Unless you want something fancy.

8. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

The best mouse pad I've ever used was homemade. I use one of the flaps from an old binder that was tearing off the bind-seam anyway. Super smooth, and impeccable tracking.

9. RobHague thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats the one i want!! :p. Anyone know where you buy them? I assumed they came with new macs, obviously not. :(

Artful Dodger has a point about the glass ¬_¬ hope the desk is upto the task :eek:

10. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Or get an MX1000 from Logitech - the best mouse ever and works on some (maybe all...?) glass desks...

11. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

missingbite.com/mousepadsec.html

w/o the www part.

Cheers.

12. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

oh, and BTW, yes some of those mouse pads are steep for price...BUT...some of those are official Apple released mouse pads which are VERY rare.

13. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

get a wowpad. available at office depot, maybe other places. it's like as thin as a piece of paper and just the right smoothness on top. i got a huge one (11.5"x12.5") for $9.99 and the 8.5" round ones (prolly just about the right size for most people) are like ~$7.

http://www.microthin.com/prod_wowpad.htm

14. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

or here's the mouse pad I used with my iMac. It looks better than you think for a black mousepad. It's an Allsop Stellar EFX Mousepad. About $20 off amazon for the blue LED glow, but hey, if you want just a simple mousepad and not something Apple done or that looks really cool, just go with a simple $1 or $2 mousepad from wherever.

Attached Files:

15. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

http://missingbite.com/details/detail.html?120

There you go. Hefty price though.