MAC compatible gps systems

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zipper1022, Dec 25, 2006.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY/ Boston, MA
    i just got a mio c310x navigation rom my paretns for xmas but it wont work with my mac and my pc sucks...

anyone know another gps that works with mac for sync and stuff?
    any suggestions?
  2. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

Oct 30, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Garmin announced that theirs will be Mac compatible - see the link below. Sorry that I don't know anything about the different GPS units, so I can't make any specific product recommendations.
  3. MILESAR macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2005
    I just received a Garmin GPSmap76x... Garmin still does not have MAC compatibility. I bought the National Geographic TOPO! software that is GPS interfaced and MAC compatible, but cant seem to get the GPS to link up with it.

infact, I dont think the GPS will be recognized on the computer because Garmin does not have any MAC drivers available (to what I can find). SO... any GPS software compatible with mac, wont work with Garmin because the computer wont find it.

I think.

NOTE: I just ran google earth and had my waypoints and tracks downloaded.
  4. littlemissGTO macrumors member

Oct 21, 2006
    From what I remember you can't install maps from the National Geographic software into a Garmin unit. Only Garmin software allows you do to that. You've gotta print a map (yeah I know) when you use the National Geographic software.
    I can't wait for Garmin to work with Macs. I've got a handheld unit that just sits because I can't upload maps via the computer.