Mac-compatible PCS Phone Advice Sought

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacKenzie999, Jul 19, 2004.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey folks...

My Sprint contract is about up, and it's time once again to extort a new phone out of them.

I know many cell phones are capable of syncing with contact info, calendars, etc, for pc's, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice / recommendations re: the same for macs.

I tend to use mostly iApps for managing that kind of personal data, my needs are fairly simple and easily met by iCal, Address Book, Mail, etc., but would consider something else if necessary. I'd like camera functionality to be part of my next phone too. My new G5, slated to arrive late this month, includes a Bluetooth module.

I'd also be willing to change phone companies if anyone has any really compelling arguments (beyond pricing and /or hating Sprint, and that fall into the area of computer compatibility.

2. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    buffalo ny

the sony t608 has bluetooth built in... you have to order it
    from sprint though through customer care... its not on the
    website or in retail stores...

the treo 600 palm phone is very nice... has a camera and is
    syncable with the mac...

outside of that... any 3g sprint phone can be used as a modem
    with the proper usb cable [radio shack 19.99]

not much else in sprint world...
  3. Fat Tony macrumors member

Dec 13, 2001

I've had the t608 since the beginning of the year. It works great with my G4 iBook connecting with Bluetooth, syncing address book/ical and and the handful of times I've used it as a modem. But the battery life is absolute warm garbage. That's my only complaint. It's a shame this phone is pretty much orphaned by SE and Sprint.

My girlfriend's new Nokia 6600 on T-mobile works like a champ and is a great phone, though I prefer the SE form factors. Hence, I will be dumping Sprint in Sept.