Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
hi guys. i'm just wondering, is there any program on the Mac side that is similar to the Active Desktop Calendar on the Windows side (it's here http://www.xemico.com/adc/ )

basically, they embed calendar information on the wallpaper, so its appearance doesn't affect any other programs (i.e., it doesn't float on the desktop, so you never accidently click on it)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i don't believe there is anything quite like that for OS X at this point, although it would be nice. there is a nice little app called MenuCalender or some such that lets you adjust the time and date in the Menubar and you are able to have a drop down calender blend in with the background, but it remains in the upper left corner, might not be ideal overall.

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
that's so bad.
at first i thought the dashboard/widget could do that job but no. you know, it's not that we're lazy. it's just that even if it's just 1 click away (i.e., to open dashboard) we forget to do it all the time. and even if we dont forget to do it, it just becomes boring and annoying doing it everytime you need to check them.
it's so convenient when you look at your desktop and important things are right there, poping right at your eyes.

right now, i'm doing it manually .. in photoshop .. lol
i wish i had parallels. it would be as simple as dragging that wallpaper from XP's shared folder over osx

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
Amnesty would allow you to put a widget calender on the desktop, as would Konfabulator, or whatever it's called now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.