.Mac discount after purchase of system?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by simply258, Nov 25, 2003.

1. simply258 macrumors regular

Oct 15, 2003
    I already bought an iBook which hasnt arrived yet but didn't purchase the .Mac at the promotional price of $69 something .. Will my system come with a voucher or code that I can use to get .Mac at a discounted price ? The reason I'm asking is to know if I should go ahead and get it now at regular price, or wait for the iBook and maybe there'd be something ? maybe people who recently got their system can tell me if something comes in the box ..
  2. Island Roots macrumors regular

Sep 26, 2003
    Nope; the only time you can purchase .Mac at the discounted price is at the time of your system purchase/order.
  3. ChrisH3677 macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2003
    Victoria, Australia
    talk to your dealer. I have exactly the same question altho i bought my mac in august. I will ring mine tomorrow.

It says: Purchase a new Mac between July 29 and December 27, 2003, and get .Mac for $99.00*inc GST

(I'm in Australia). It doesn't say anything about having to be at the same time you buy your Mac, so i'd argue that i'm fully entitled at anytime since i was a purchaser in that period.

And no you don't get a voucher. Maybe the dealer could add it - say it was an oversight. Like, when it comes say "where's the .mac i ordered?!"

i didn't think .mac was worth it until i discovered iCal. I'm a switcher and iCal is so good i'm going to buy my wife a Mac. Then using .mac we'll be able to use isync and have each other's calendar - even if i'm at work. plus she can put things in my Home calendar and sync thru .mac

good luck