.mac email lag???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eVolcre, Apr 18, 2006.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

It's taking 4 or 5 hours for emails to get through today. I've only been with .mac for a few days now. Is that normal? Because that really isn't acceptable to me.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Mine's been pretty snappy; I just had a verification email from a site come through that appeared before I finished cmd+tabbing back over to Mail. What kind of size emails are you talking about here?

3. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Simple emails. Plain text. Just a few lines. It was working fine yesterday. TOday its lagging like crazy.

Unless its on the other side. Here, let me email myself and check ...

*insert pause*

Nope. Emails from the same person to my other address are coming through at once. I'm using the webmail version of .mac but that shouldn't make a difference right?

eV

4. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Text emails have always been quick although I have found that emails with large attachments take ages to download. Has anyone else noticed this? :confused:

aussie_geek

5. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

How wierd. Is there some kind of setting that could be messing it up? because I'm definitely seeing a 2 to 3 hour lag.

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I just sent a message from my own gmail account to my .mac account, and it appeared almost instantly when looking at the webmail. So, I don't think the webmail is inherently slower than Mail.app. I'll poke around in my Mail prefs to see if there's anything that looks out of the ordinary that may make it faster.

Update: the only thing in Mail.app is that I have it set to check every 15 minutes, which of course has no bearing on the webmail interface. Other than that it looks completely standard. If you'd like my .mac address to test out the delivery speed, send me a PM.

7. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Thanks. I appreciate it.