.Mac + eWorld = Bliss ?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by t300, Sep 27, 2004.

1. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We all are quite aware that .Mac is lacking...a lot. It's unfortunate because it could be such a popular service if it just had some content. There are too many problems with it...Now, let's say those problems are all fixed. Would it be perfect, then? I think not. I am wondering if we take the great concept of eWorld and combine it with .Mac...would it work? Would it satisfy you? It would certainly be a great creation. It didn't work back in the 90's due to better ISP's, like (dare I say it) AOL. If all the flair and interface of eWorld was put into .Mac, would you be more inclined to buy it or renew your subscription? I am just seeing what others have to say because something tells me .Mac will be changing in '05...

Oh, and by the way...Check this out... http://www.eworld.com

2. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

Do some not know of eWorld and are keeping quiet?

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yea, pretty much ;) Actually I don't know what eWorld is and why eWorld.com goes to Apple's site....? :confused: :p

4. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

Ahhhhh... Well start here: http://www.vanvr.com/eworld/index.html ..And continue on through their pages. Then come back and tell us what you think.

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Ah, eWorld. I remember it well.

Best memory, the night OJ went on the low speed chase after killing his ex-wife. The NBA Finals were also on (Knicks-Rockets) and all the networks switched to the OJ chase except NBC in NY and Houston. An eWorlder in Houston and I were doing play by play for all the users who lost transmission of the game while they did transmission of the OJ scene. Eventually, NBC here in NY put the OJ chase in a picture in picture.

The next day, a Times Mirror columnist who was in eWorld wrote an article about how online services were changing the way people communicate and cited the above. Was pretty cool when she emailed a bunch of us the next day and told us to read the story.

6. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Oh, wow! It has defnitely been a while since I have seen that main eWorld screen.

7. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

Great story rdowns. But that is exactly what I am refering to. The fact that eWorld was a tight knit community of Mac users, for Mac users, by Mac users. It would be the perfect direction to take .Mac in the future.

8. PaulSbird macrumors newbie

I thiink that would be a great idea a little more interactive than the forums.
    I had eWorld up until they sold out to AOL. I actually had both AOL and eWorld for a while and the difference was amazing. You could actually enjoy chat rooms back then! Thanks for posting the pic, it brings back a lot of memories.

Paul