Mac fans and their faith

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CelticBhoy, Mar 14, 2004.

1. CelticBhoy macrumors member

Hi all. Since we've has 'mac fans and their sexuality', and gender, and sport affiliations etc, I was interested to know who here is a Christian. If you don't have any faith then, cool, you don't have to bother replying, as I'll assume this by default. Or if you follow another faith then feel free to start your own thread ! I just want to know who here is a Christian, and some background details. For me, I'm a Christian of 25 years, live in the UK, and go along to a Baptist church. It's the most important thing in my life (yes, even more than Celtic FC !) and I enjoy it big time ! It causes no conflict with my intellect (!), and I'm utterly convinced by it through both experiences and study. I find the recorded actions of Jesus fascinating, challenging, and worth giving my life over to. I don't mean to alienate people here, or rile them, but to just explore this topic through this thread.

2. coopdog macrumors 6502a

3. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Right, I don't this this as staying out of the Wasteland for very long, I put $5 on someone making an extremely offensive post before 25 replies.

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Where's the sign that say "this thread could get nasty?" I thought vnow had one of those signs;)
    As for my faith I like to think of myself as a a Quaker, however I differ on some beliefs.

6. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

I grew up Methodist
    now I'm more or less a Liberal Quaker

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i grew up a Roman Catholic
    after 18 years i decided no way and i live by my own morals that seem to be in tune with the general public and i believe strongly in a few eastern religions but i dont practice any, just sort of borrowing ideas....

8. AhmedFaisal Guest

What is it with these threads about my Mac's fan???

First you ask about its sexuality, now about its religion. My Mac's fan is just an innocent pure little fan that keeps my Powerbook nice and cool, that is all, it doesn't have sex with it, it doesn't want to convert it to any faith and no, it doesn't vote either! ;)

Seriously though, I was babtized Lutheran and believe in a lot of the values but otherwise, I consider myself an atheist.
    Cheers,

Ahmed

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You title the thread "Mac fans and their faith" but then exculde everyone who's not Christian? You assume everyone who's not Christian doesn't "have any faith?" There are quite a number of religions and philosphies out there, my friend.

You need to try harder not to alienate people.

As for me, I'm just one of those evil papists.

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

:rolleyes:
    Well, we're doing good so far. So I might as well answer the question. Roman Catholic. Sure, there are bits n pieces I don't agree with, but I doubt there's any religion that I would go 100% on. Bhuddism (sp?) is pretty cool too, we could all learn something there.

12. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

If I say it, can we split the profit? :D

13. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

19 years of age and whole heartedly Christian, living in the Pacific NW. Currently going to a Presbyterian church because they appear to parallel what I understand of the Bible a little closer than the average denominations around here, and also hits my worship style better (Option #2, small town baptist church, ug...). Nothing against the rest of you though :D
    I'm young and so there are worship styles that definitely hit me a little better than others :D

Second Religion is Apple. I always try and carry my Book of Power around with me to help poor lost souls see the light. The shining Apple logo light that is :D

Tyler
    Earendil

14. CelticBhoy thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I'll dumb it down a bit

Sorry PsuedoBrit, but I hope this clears it up for you : I'm particularly interested, my friend, in the Christian faith, just like the guy who started the Liverpool FC thread is particularly interested in, em, Liverpool FC, and any Man U fans can start their own thread if they like.

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

No.

:p

16. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i have my own faith, based in the philosophy of Taoism and the sensibilities of the earth religions. neopaganism actually melts well with taoism.

i agree, i think it's a bit shortsighted to allow only christians to post. For your information, it's rarely a good idea to specify whom may reply, because you're on a public forum-- just expect people to say what they want, if they feel like it.

paul

17. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Whoa, here we go again...well, before it gets wastelanded, Christian here.

18. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    raised christian, never liked it. now agnostic.

theoretically, some "God" had to start everything along, but i am not sure that entity has anything to do with what happened after the kick-start.

right now, religion is the reason for most deaths in this world. that fact alone makes me hate organized religion.

19. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

Is it?

20. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

And what religion were Hitler and Stalin, even Sadam did not originally have a religion, he 'converted' to Islam because he wanted to be the ruler of the middle east.

I think you will find most deaths are to do with disputes over land and property.

As for me I dont see the point in believing in something if they are not all powerful. I mean whats the point, if they dont know everything, there is nothing they could help me with in my life, so thats why I am a christain.

21. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I'm a Christian.
    This is post 22, and not shut down yet

22. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

raised methodist, but found my own beleifs to lie more with the conservative episcopal church, so that's what i practice now :)

23. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Born a Mormon. Raised a Mormon. Thought that meant I was Christian. Did some studying. Found out that wasn't true. Didn't like the Mormon church anyway. Did more studying. Now go to services by the liberal Quakers here, but more than anything I consider my self a secular humanist.

(How's that for convoluted? ;))

24. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i believe in god and jesus et al, but i am not a christian.

i believe a wager can be settled now...