mac fiends: do you own apple stock too?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by valdore, Jan 10, 2007.

1. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

I first bought apple stock back in the summer of '06, and have held it since. Oddly though I didn't get my first mac computer until november when the core 2 duo macbooks came out.

do you have stock in apple?

(sorry if this topic has been done before -- I looked and didn't notice an existing thread)

2. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

Yes. I own a roughly 140 shares.

I had placed a stop order to sell at $84, and luckily it never got to that price during the keynote. It's been quite a ride.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Wish I had. I think it was around $45 when I first started looking to by an iBook a few years ago!

4. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

I really wish i did - i considered it in early 2002 just after i bought my first ipod since i thought it was such a great invention, but i never made the move. :(

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Unfortunately not right now. I made a nice triple (and then some) from late '04 to early '06 and got out at the peak. I didn't buy back in after the ensuing drop because their direction didn't seem clear to me. Obviously I should have bought back in for another almost double, but I didn't. It's not eating me up though...I've had good luck with most of my picks over the years.