Mac Flying games

Discussion in 'Games' started by *Y*, Jan 3, 2005.

1. *Y* macrumors regular

2. dayos_x macrumors newbie

3. *Y* thread starter macrumors regular

I was looking for something more simpler. Like Pre-WW II. But thanks for the replies so far!

4. applekid macrumors 68020

There was the Warbirds series, but I don't remember if they were simple or not.

And can somebody explain to me why the games on Shockwave all require OS 9 for Macs? There must be some technical difference between the OS X and OS 9 versions.

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

X-Plane is by far the best Flight Sim. It is developed on Macs by about 3-5 people and has a more realistic flight model the MS Flight Sim.

The official website for it is here: www.x-plane.com

You can also get good support as well as scenery and airplane downloads to add to it here: x-plane.org

6. *Y* thread starter macrumors regular

I don't really want a flight sim. All I want is a very simple networkable shooting airplene game, so my friends and I can play. Does such a thing exist. Thanks in advance.

7. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

Stay away! I bought this and it is the worst program I have ever purchase. If anyone is interested, I will sell my copy (box, doc and CD in mint condition) for $20 + S&H, or trade it straight up for RT3.

8. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

The first part is certainly true - X-Plane is the best GA flight sim on the Mac, but many on the X-Plane discussion lists would dispute the assertion that it is more realistic than MSFS. Matter of fact, the recent posts regarding v8 and the attacks on Austin have been kind of funny.

It is also a serious SIM which doesn't appear to be what the OP is looking fo.

9. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Has anyone with a Dual G5 setup tried to play Operation Iraqi Freedom? I bought it, installed it, but it wouldn't ever load. I returned it as DOA, got another, and the same problem came up.

Is there an issue with this game and the Dual G5 systems?

10. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

I also replied to your other post. Apply the 1.03 update and you should be fine.