Mac-formatted iPod on a PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eXan, Aug 15, 2005.

1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Hey I just wanted to get MacDrive to install it on PC, so I could sare files via iPod, bu its 49$ and comes on CD.

Any free software that will allow to read/write on my iPod as on a USB 2 drive (PC side)?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry, can't think of any, but could you just format it for Windows? It'll work on both then. :)

3. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Sorry, but thats not an option for me. You see, my Mac is connected to Interent via 128k ISDN modem while the PC is on 56k (64k vs 56k speeds), so it would take twice as long to get updates for iPod. Plus this PC laptop has only 20 GB HD, so no room for music. All this means that I will keep my iPod Mac-formatted, so I need a software that will allow me to use this iPod on PC too.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You can still get your PC iPod to sync with your Mac library and you can download the Windows updates on the Mac and then transfer them (using the iPod even) to the PC just for updates, which aren't that common anyway. You'd just have to make sure that when you plug the iPod into the PC, you don't let it sync the PC's library.

But if this sounds too hard, fair enough. I can't find anything on Version Tracker though, sorry. :eek:

5. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Thanks for that solution, however its not what I was looking for. Thanks anyway :D

I think I should try once more to make a network connection between these 2 machines...