Mac Formatted iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JD92, Jun 5, 2005.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I've got a Windows formatted iPod mini just now, and I've also got a mac now, are there any advantages of re formatting my iPod to mac? I've noticed that sometimes when I switch songs on my iPod, occasionaly (well, at least once or twice a day) it freezes for about 5 seconds and then switces to the next song, but when I press the back button, the previous song plays just fine. Do you think re formatting could help with this?

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Reformatting could help but I don't think reformatting from Windows to Mac is going to show dramatic improvement. Plus, personally I like the convenience of having my Pod Windows formatted, even though I pretty much work exclusively on Macs. Being able to use my Pod as a cross platform portable HD just makes it that much more valuable for me. I've never experienced any issues with my Pod being Windows formatted (even though it pains me a little to see it under the About menu!) and I doubt there's any huge benefit to be had.

(The reason your previous songs play faster is that it gets cached).

3. JD92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JD92

Thanks munkie, I suppose it is good being able to use it as an HD between Windows and Mac, I'll keep it as Windows formatted.

edit: but I wonder if iPodWizard could change formatted: 'Windows' to Formatted: 'Mac'