Mac Formatted iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JD92, Jun 5, 2005.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2005
    I've got a Windows formatted iPod mini just now, and I've also got a mac now, are there any advantages of re formatting my iPod to mac? I've noticed that sometimes when I switch songs on my iPod, occasionaly (well, at least once or twice a day) it freezes for about 5 seconds and then switces to the next song, but when I press the back button, the previous song plays just fine. Do you think re formatting could help with this?
  2. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    Reformatting could help but I don't think reformatting from Windows to Mac is going to show dramatic improvement. Plus, personally I like the convenience of having my Pod Windows formatted, even though I pretty much work exclusively on Macs. Being able to use my Pod as a cross platform portable HD just makes it that much more valuable for me. I've never experienced any issues with my Pod being Windows formatted (even though it pains me a little to see it under the About menu!) and I doubt there's any huge benefit to be had.

(The reason your previous songs play faster is that it gets cached).
  3. JD92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2005
    Thanks munkie, I suppose it is good being able to use it as an HD between Windows and Mac, I'll keep it as Windows formatted.

edit: but I wonder if iPodWizard could change formatted: 'Windows' to Formatted: 'Mac'