Mac friendly cell phones from Sprint PCS

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by quidire, Aug 12, 2004.

1. quidire macrumors 6502

quidire

Simply put, what phones to buy?

I know there is a bluetooth phone, but no one seems to know what it is. (Yes, for all that Sprint has some of the best phones out there (in the US), it's way behind on bluetooth options.)

One can also get a Treo, but that is a bit bulky... is that the only option?

thanks
    -RS

PS I realize someone else is asking about iSync capable phones, but my question is qualitatively different as I am locked into Sprint PCS.

2. the_ron macrumors newbie

The only bluetooth capable phone that sprint currently offers is the sony t608. It isn't available in the stores though. You have to call them to order it. Sprint is supposedly going to release another bluetooth capable model in September or October. Check out this website http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/ for more information on future phones and other sprint topics. They even have a forum dedicated to the t608.

3. ToastCabbit macrumors member

FYI

Going off what The_Ron said, if you go to Phonescoop.com you'll see that it says that Sprint has discontinued the T608. I believe I read there were only so many of them made and the companies were feeling a bit testy with one another anyway. :p

And I feel your pain – a Bluetooth phone would be fun, but Sprint doesn't leave us many options.

Edit: just found this. Hope that helps.

4. quidire thread starter macrumors 6502

quidire

New Sprint Bluetooth phone: LG PM-325

After looking into this further, check out the LG PM325. It comes out in October (best guess) and has bluetooth, camera, etc. Best of all, not heinously expensive!
    [​IMG]
    Finally, a supported bluetooth mobile from Sprint!

-RS

5. Brigrat macrumors member

The T608 is supported by iSink, and is in stock as of today. Call

1-800-480-4727

I called yesterday, and was told they had thousands in stock.

6. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

I bought the t608 last month for $200 WITHOUT DISCOUNT!!!!! if the lg comes out i hope can sell the 608 for a good price

7. bastion72 macrumors newbie

Try here for the t608 for $99. I also am waiting for the LG phone.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife said that she heard that Steve has an agreement with Motorola for a Cell Phone Bluetooth compatible with Mac OS. Supposedly it will also be sold by Verizon. She is a Verizon Wireless customer.

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I just hope that Sprint doesn't do to the LG that they did with the T608....