mac froze !

Discussion in 'OS X' started by tom hilton, Jan 16, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi !
    i have a macbook from 2008 around august and im annoyed i went to turn my mac on and every thing went like it suppose to but when it comes to the start up when i have to login and type my password in i cant
    because the bloody trackpad and keyboard wont respond please reply before i throw my lovely mac out the window
    help !

2. macrumors 65816

RITZFit

use the disk that came w/ the computer to run a hardware test...pop the disk in and hold "D"

3. macrumors 6502

I had this happen a few weeks ago on my Macbook. I simply restarted it and everything worked fine.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

restarded several times nothing

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

i have put the keyboard wont respond

6. macrumors 68000

Just because OS X can't use the keyboard doesn't mean the EFI can't. In fact, if neither one can use the keyboard, that's a pretty good sign that the keyboard itself is the problem.

7. macrumors 65816

RITZFit

yup, sounds like the problem. hopefully the computer is still under warranty

8. macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Go to a Genius Bar if you have one in your area and talk to them about your problem. They should take it in and fix it. If it's not fixed yet, talk to them and tell them to fix it again.
    If after three tries they haven't fixed it, you're capable of requiring a replacement- An Aluminum MacBook.:p