MAC FTP TO XBOX HELP...

Discussion in 'Games' started by iQuit, Jul 8, 2005.

1. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

I have an XBOX running evoX and I need a Mac FTP program that will allow me to send trainers,skins,and files from my Mac to my XBOX. Also has anyone used UnleashX? Is it better than evoX?

2. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Any FTP client will do. Just search on MacUpdate or VerisionTracker. I've been using Fetch, but changed a while ago to one that I currently can't remember the name of.. (sorry). :eek:

As for UnleashX, I tried it but didn't stick with it. Can't compare it to EvoX, since I've been using Avalaunch.

3. iQuit thread starter macrumors 6502a

iQuit

I've searched and have found useless programs. Have anyone of you sofmodded,if so I have a few Q's. I need a good and free FTP program for Mac to XBOX so please help....btw thanks for the quick response.

4. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Uhm.. I searched for 'ftp client' on VersionTracker and came up with several.

Anyway, Transmit is what I changed to. It's not free, but there's a 15-day trial. Fetch isn't free either but doesn't expire.

5. oingoboingo macrumors 6502a

oingoboingo

Are you comfortable with the Unix command line? You already have an FTP program available via Terminal...the venerable Unix 'ftp' command. :) Type 'man ftp' at a Terminal window (without the quotes) to read the instructions.

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I sold my XBox a while back but I never found a client on Linux or OS X that would work correctly with my XBox I was forced to use FlashFXP in Virtual PC to transfer files to my XBox if I used anything else all I'd get was time out errors or the ftp client would lock up. Sorry for the bad news hopefully things have changed recently to make it easier for you, but that was my experience.

Edit: check out www.xbox-scene.com to see if anything has changed maybe there is a new FTP client for OS X that they can recommend

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i use Transmit. make sure your Xboxs IP is higher than your Macs IP (pour example my PB on the little Xbox connection is 192.168.2.1, where my xbox is 192.168.2.3).

turn off the firewall in Sharing preferences. and just connect. Xbox password and username is 'xbox', well the default is.

thats it. play away! BUT! i STRONGLY recommend you get Xbox Media Centre (XBMC). i suggest you look on torrent sites though as no site really hosts the download as such.

for some reason my LAN connection speeds up on XBMC (took 10 minutes to copy a video to my Xbox using EvoX, whilst only 13 seconds with XBMC). its brilliant for file streaming, and you dont have to turn off your firewall! but you'll need an app called SharePoints to create Samba 'folders' on ya mac.

EvoX is brilliant. i wouldn't change it.
    PM me if you need more help, i spent ages getting my Mac and Xbox. i dont know everything but i know how you can set it up and turn your Xbox into a media centre :D

8. iQuit thread starter macrumors 6502a

iQuit