Mac Gamers Rejoice! Halo!

Discussion in 'Games' started by MacAztec, Jan 30, 2003.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Well, check this out!

Link

Says Halo will be coming out in 2003 for mac...

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Very little, very late.

And I call this article BS, why the hell would they start making it now?

WHY?

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If you have followed halo this is not new, Dont any you guys ever go to inside mac gaming? I guess not. Anyways funny they did not mention UT2003 in this article since Macsoft was going to be distributing it. This is an arm of microsoft so now they have bungie/macsoft/infogrames blizzard maybe? Heck the next announcement will be they bought out apple computer then bill will have the hardware(Mac),the software(osx)the games( Halo/UT )and then he can throw his software out a window!:(

4. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

ugh who cares? the game wasnt that good anyway. It's an average game with a plot stolen from almost every other scifi game ever, and decent multiplayer. Red faction is so much better cause at least it has a cool gimick. Maybe next time microsoft but right now me and my money are gonna wait for Unreal 2 and Deus Ex 2

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Halo has been in progress for Mac for a while now. Those of us in the loop have known this date since 2001.

6. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hey

DaedalusDE

You play RF? I do too. My name is {{HA}}AzTeKWaR

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'd be more concerned with Destineer's relationship with Microsoft and what that means for Mac games. Suddenly, we could see those games on the A-list go away.

8. job macrumors 68040

job

The only reason why I'll ever play Halo:

I'll close my eyes and imagine that Halo is the next-gen version of Marathon. :p

eh, durandal? ;)

9. couch potato macrumors regular

personally, i think halo needs more credit than you guys give. Sure, red Faction had a good story line, but i have seen a lot of the gameplay elements before in other games-shooting bad guys, kill a boss, kill some more baddies, kill a boss, ride a jeep, kill baddies, kill a boss, etc.....

halo had some of the coolest characters i have ever seen. those little grunts, for instance. little aliens walking around, talking funny. one see's you, and tries to run, but not before you can throw a sticky-gernade on him. this causes him to run around frantically, killing anything near him when he blows. halo has better vehicals too.

Hey, I like Red Faction, but Halo really kicks its butt:)

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I had red faction and didnt like it for 1 main reason ---loading between levels say walking down a hallway and then its starts to load then if you wanted to go back same old stuff. I think the way id and UT did levels where much better that way you could go anywhere on that level and not run into this.1 big level with free roam rather than 1 big level consiting of smaller levels with reloads. Also if Halo stunk it would not have been game of the year in 2001. But will admit it is now 2003 so better stuff should be coming( Unless microsoft buys out these guys and leaves us with nothing. Why didnt they ever bring their flight simulator to mac? I Just dont trust Bill and the gang when it comes to my Mac.

11. Das macrumors regular

RF Multiplayer rocked. I must have spent over 200 hours combined blowing tunnels to the enemies flags and the race for the nuke gun was muy fun.

As for Halo, I liked it to a degree. I just can't stand using a controller on the Xbox to play it. I mean, it played like a turd in winter. I liked Metroid's control scheme better and it's a far better 'fps' (it's more plot driven and not the 'get keycard A' fps type). Halo multiplayer should be fun.

12. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

Halo for PC is scheduled to come out in June according to a store that allows you to pre order. Halo2 for xbox comes out in October. I wouldnt be surprised with a dual pc/mac release of Halo

13. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better