Mac Gaming Clan/Community

Discussion in 'Games' started by dual64bit, May 24, 2005.

1. dual64bit macrumors 6502

Playing online games and do not belong to a mac clan?

You're in luck, visit Team[mac] now!

http://www.team-mac.com

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You've mentioned team-mac before. Are you an admin there? How big a membership?

3. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I, too, am part of the clan. Here is a little info:

Was started just this year for Mac gamers of all kinds
    Current member base it 74.
    We are always trying to get new members.

Currently we have CoD, UT2004, MoH, and BF1942 on our game list, but people wanting to help start a team in other games are welcome. We do compete in a league: the TWL with a CoD 6vs6 Search and Destroy team. Cod is our most popular game right now.

We are not trying to be super professional, just have a good time.

And yes, Dual is the leader.

My team name is Gizmo.

4. Church macrumors regular

Church

What do you guys use to communicate, you know, during the games? Teamspeak, ventrilo? Some mac alternative? I was in a clan for a while, but the only way I got in was having a peecee run teamspeak for me, and I thought it was fun talking to all of my teammates during the game and working out strategies, and it was a lot more effective than just typing in game and using radio commands.

5. brap macrumors 68000

What's involved in being in a clan, anyway? I read the blurb on your site, but it doesn't answer exactly what it actually is. The whole '...submit reports every 30 days' implies a sort of responsibility toward an end.

I'm genuinely curious, as a long-time, casual 1942 player.

6. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

For now we use Skype. It is only an temporay solution until either Ventrilo or Teamspeak get finished for mac. I say temporary because it only allows 5 people to communicate in a group chat. We can't use iChat's new 10 person audio chat since not everyone has Tiger yet.

There are no real requirements to being in the clan except having a mac and enjoying the ability to play games on them. Really if you want to join then just sign up. The purpose of the report is just to see if people are still active in the clan. All this requires is just go to a page on the website and confirming your still active.

7. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

Looks like all the games are FPS. While I play a few FPS now and again I'm not a huge fan. I play StarCraft Broodwar frequently though. I've never been able to shake that habbit since college. Anyone in your clan up for some action on Battle.net? I might join if there is interest in that game.

8. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

I'm not in the clan but I am into StarCraft. B.Net name: Rocksaurus.

SC>FPS

9. brap macrumors 68000

Gotcha. Well, the Powerbook is certainly not the machine I use to play... out of interest, do you guys have your own server(s), and is there a minimum skill level? If you do have a server, how do you finance it?

Sorry, just always been curious. 'Most everyone online is in one of these things and I've never looked into it.

10. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

If you think you could round up enough people to create a team then we encourage you to join. Personally, I haven't played StarCraft in a long time. The last time I tried a scrim against the computer I got destroyed in 10 minutes. I'll ask if anyone in the clan plays StarCraft.

We have our own Call of Duty server, There is no minimum skill level, we finance the server with donations from the members and from advertising.

11. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

would love to join but the only fps i play is america's army(which i get killed in) and wolfenstien ET. i do play starcraft.. well it has been a while but am willing to get back into it.(probably get my ass kicked too.. oh yeah)

12. dual64bit thread starter macrumors 6502

I loved starcraft! I didn't think anyone played.

The point is, the clan/community is more of a community than anything. It's a place where a lot of beginners have found answers to their questions. It's been a lot of fun playing with other mac users and helping some out.

The great thing about Team[mac] is that it's all Macintosh users, and as you folks are already aware.. we're a much more friendly than the normal PC gamer.