Mac Geeks Unite At Sea

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cr2sh, Jun 29, 2003.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I caught this story on CBS News Sunday morning, but didn't see a post about it.. thought it was interesting. Anyone else catch it? From what I saw, there's a cruise for mac users.. they talked to people who sat in front of their ti-books and said things like "her name is synthia" or whatever.. talking about how great the mac experience is... CBS.com has yet to post a full article but...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/19/sunday/main559452.shtml

2. cr2sh thread starter macrumors 68030

cr2sh

3. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

I think I remember reading an article about it in MacWorld...It sounded kinda interesting, macs+cruise ship...how could you go wrong?

4. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I actually signed up for their mailing list and got some great four-color brochures from them. I talked to my girlfriend about it and she thought I was too much of a geek. Well, that and I have no money....

It looks like a great place to network with some die hard mac users though.

5. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I heard about this when I first started getting back into macs. There was an add in Macworld or something. It looks awesome, but it's REALLY expensive!

Maybe some day. It's not just a cruise. They have all sorts of seminars on the boat as well.

If no one else posted a link, here's their web site: http://www.geekcruises.com/home/mm3_home.html

Looks like loads of fun!

Alia

6. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

they've been doing these for years. i caught it on tv today also and i have to say that these are really super duper geeky geeks. i thought i was bad but damn! some of them were way out there. to add further to the geekdom, the Star Trek fanatic cruise is on the same boat at the same time. i think that they're really pushing the maximum allowable geek occupancy to it's limit. geek on!

p.s. i would probably quite enjoy this type of thing actually.

7. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

The whole ship gets wired up, satellite connections free to all on board, presentations, demo's, everything Mac.

Price is one obstacle though...

8. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i have definitely seen ads in macworld. it sounds neat, but this is freaking scary:
    that's real romantic....