Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I have created a .mac group which I think if it works properly is a wonderful tool. Unfortunately after the 60 day free trial it wants all of my members to sign up again. I don't understand why it wants them to sign up again since it is free to view pages. Any idea how I can prevent it from making my members sign up agan?

Thank you.

firefoxnx

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2006
Boston
I have a regular .mac account. Did your trial account go beyond 60 days?
When you go into Manage Family Group - do you see all the members there?

Sharyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
.mac groups

I have a paid .mac membership, but all the members from my group signed up for free. Last time I did this all my members had to sign up again after 60 days. It was a pain for them to keep signing up. This was about a year ago. Everyone gave up. I've decided to try a .mac group again and I am hoping to resolve this problem. I would like to make it where people don't have to keep signing up every 60 days. Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

firefoxnx

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2006
Boston
Your group members don't have to sign up for .mac at all. They just need an account (username/password). When they create an account they should choose not to sign up for 60 days .mac trial account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.