Mac Halo Teaser Page: To be released December 11th.

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 24, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502

Now I'll get to see what all the fuss is about.

3. macrumors 603

jeremy.king

4. macrumors 65816

1macker1

This game was good.....when it came out TWO years agon on the XBOX. I say go buy a console and stop waiting for the long delays for ports.

5. macrumors 65816

About damn time. I wonder what new games MacPlay will put out next?

I want someone to port Rollercoaster Tycoon to the Mac or I'll have to buy VPC to just play the game I loved on the PC.

I see Halo for Mac has alot of new weapons and vechiles not in the Xbox edition. I heard the PC version is choppy comparied to the Xbox ver. I hope the Mac ver. is alot better then both the PC and Xbox ver.

6. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Finally....Then when we test it out its gonna suck

7. macrumors 603

Stella

Played it on PC and found it extremely boring, gave up after 20 minutes playing.

Yet another 1st person Doom clone with better graphics!

Really, I can't see all the excitment.

Also, on the Mac you aren't going to get 4 speaker surround sound or nice EAX like effects!

8. macrumors 65816

DTphonehome

I agree. Isn't Halo 2 coming out soon (for Xbox)? The Mac isn't a serious gamer's platform.

9. macrumors regular

zoozx

One of the Best games ever! Was great on the X box, should be a winner on the Mac.
    Don't miss it.

10. macrumors regular

This is what you need:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Minimum: Macintosh computer with 800MHz G4/G5 or faster processor, Mac OS X v10.2.8 or higher, 256MB RAM, 32MB AGP Video Card (GeForce 2MX/ATI 7000 or better), 1.4GB hard disk space. Internet or LAN connection required for online play.

Recommended: 1GHz G4/G5 or faster processor, Mac OS X v10.3, 512MB RAM, 64MB AGP Video Card (GeForce 4ti-ATI 9000 or better

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Man. I cant believe myiMac/17in/800/1gig is now just a "minimum" machine.
    It is interesting that they recommend Panther (which I dont have yet). Why should Panther make much of a diference?

11. macrumors member

Halo 2 looks nice but it a ways off, we might see it in late 2004, thats what they said at e3, now Splinter Cell 2 on the other hand looks amazing! go get this months Game Informer, they have a nice preview, and its a multi platform release and looks the same on all platforms due to a major engine upgrade! no more waiitng a year for it to come to my ps2 + online co op team play! Has me more pumped than Metal Gear 3, but not alot on that game has been shown so we will see. If yah can't tell I love sneaking games.

12. macrumors 65816

Halo2 won't be out until about last qtr of 2004 and then in about 6 months Xbox 2 will be out.

Halo is only good when you play on a lan party or online. Playing by yourself it's just like any other FPS.

I would like to play doom since it looks like it has alot of resident evil type effects thrown into it.

I'm planning on buying new Nintendo Cube coming out next yr. The only game I'll be buying for the PS2 next yr is GT4 and thats it.

13. macrumors member

I agree with the others. Halo was (still is) a great game on the Xbox. Halo 2, due out in April, will undoubtedly sell as well. I just hope that there's not another 2 year gap in development for the Mac . . . actually that might not be so bad because I'd probably be able to save up for a G5 by then :p

14. macrumors 65816

I still think it's funny that the only real successful game for the Xbox was a Mac game to begin with.

Apple should buy a some software companies and have them port over more games as well. Then atleast Mac users will have more games to pick from.

15. macrumors 65816

1macker1

I dont think so either. I'm not a gamer, but my brother is, and no way is he gonna wait 2 years to play a game. Halo 2 will be out in April 2004, i'll get it for my XBOX. Mac people will have to wait until 2006:(

16. macrumors 65816

1macker1

The XBOX has tons of successful games. And it was for PC/Mac first. I doubt that Mac's had the hardware to run it 2 years ago. I just bought my 800Mhz iMac this year, and now it's a min system.

17. macrumors 68000

I was never much one for "shoot em' up" games like Halo (except for Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64- that game rocked). I like games like Warcraft (all three, which work on my Mac).

Still, if you're into Halo, have fun!

:) :rolleyes: :D

18. macrumors member

You might wanna look up the game thats being dubs the "halo 2 Killer" for militray styled fps game is for ps2 only and is called "Kill Zone"

19. macrumors 6502a

yoman

Why?

Why did Microsoft have to buy Bungie :( :(
    Why Why............

We'll just have to wait 2-3 tenths of a decade each time for a game port. Oh well.

20. macrumors member

Halo rocked on Xbox but sucked on PC. I don't know why but I can spend hours playing Xbox Halo, even now, and get bored very quickly on the PC version. It's strange because I normally like FPS on the PC much better than the console. Really on the PC side I'm waiting for Half Life 2, when ever that is coming out.

21. macrumors regular

Marathon Rocked and Rocks still

How about Marathon for OS X? If its out there can someone tell me where.

22. macrumors 65816

I'm judging this from about 30-40 folks that I live with and about the only game they like on the Xbox is Halo. The problem I have with the Xbox is most of the games are only pretty and don't back it up with replay value or fun factor. Some folks always point me to Gotham racing and all I can say is GT3-4.

Most all other games can be had on the PS2 or Cube.

I like the new game 13 on the PS2.

23. macrumors member

Re: Marathon Rocked and Rocks still

It's called Aleph One, and you can get it at source.bungie.org. Bungie released the source to Marathon 2 four or five years ago, and this is the current result. Sometimes it has some trouble with the original Marathon files, but it plays the Marathon 2, Infinity, and various mod files without trouble.

24. Hmm
    macrumors regular

Unfortunately, by then a G5 won't be enough to play it.

I don't think the G4 was even around when Halo was first announced. Now it's required.

25. macrumors 65816

Dippo

Well this is nice I guess, but Halo isn't really that great of a single player game.

The multiplayer is nice, but nothing special.