.mac idisk question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by allenmertes, Jan 20, 2006.

1. allenmertes macrumors member

I was wondering if it is possible to actually run an application off of an iDisk from another computer. Can I install an app on my iDisk and then access the app from the internet? I doubt it, but thought I'd ask. Thanks for the info.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Although I think this would be theoretically possible, the internet (not to mention .Mac) bottleneck would be ridiculous. What is the app?

3. allenmertes thread starter macrumors member

It's called discLabel. I use it to print out labels for mix cd's and such. I want to be able to take advantage of the free printing at school, but I am not authorized to install applications on the computers.

4. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

How much would it really cost you to print them yourself?

5. allenmertes thread starter macrumors member

not much, but i figured if i could take advantage of the free printing....might as well

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Could you save your files as PDFs and then print them normally at school because running an app from iDisk is not really an option.

7. allenmertes thread starter macrumors member

Yeah- i figured it wasn't the best idea- just thought I'd see if anyone had done it successfully. I'll figure something else out (or just print them myself:) ) Thanks for the feedback.

8. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

Newsflash - it isn't "free", it costs your school money for you to print your personal crap. I know it's not like you're stealing from the office vault, but it's still wrong. Period. Print it yourself, since it is for you afterall.