.Mac is down

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Some_Big_Spoon, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Some_Big_Spoon macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

The entire thing went down, mail, .Mac addy, everything.

.Mac System Status
    Network Status
    Mail
    iDisk
    HomePage
    All .Mac services are currently unavailable. We are working to resolve the difficulties and will update this message when the services are available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Last Updated: 6/8/06

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Ah, that's why Mail keeps locking up and I can't get on iChat...Thanks.

3. Some_Big_Spoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

This is kind of a big deal meltdown. anyone remember something like this before unannounced?

4. Some_Big_Spoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

Home Page is back up, barely:

Attached Files:

5. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I thought I was crazy, thanks for not reaffirming my theory. :p I noticed it was down when I tried to login.

6. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

I've been kinda ticked at .Mac recently. My email has been consistently unavailable, and they have been going down more and more. They also have a convenient way of not reporting every time their servers go down...

7. Some_Big_Spoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

Yeah, I've lost more than a few mails over the past year, some I've even sent to myself to check and see if it was other's people's setups.

I'm not sure how hard it is to run hosting/domain/mail servers, but Apple seems to be having a heck of a time doing it.

I'm in the process of searching for a new job, so I'm kind of shackled to my .Mac addy, but once that's over, I think it's time to bail.

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I have had some serious issues with .Mac the last four to six weeks. Emails getting lost or returned to sender, duplicate emails being sent, issues with passwords being required and then not working to get into my mail, mail showing up on .Mac mail using Safari but not using Mail, etc. I have not changed anything to my computer or mail preferences, etc for about a year. Don't know what is going on recently but it sucks. It has been incredibly reliable for almost three years for me- fix it Apple- please~!

9. iGary Guest

iGary

This is probably the year I bail on .Mac. I don't sync my laptop with my desktop anymore, which is half the reason I had .Mac, so....

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Syncing's been out for more than a week for me. It's becoming a tad sub-par IMO. :(