.Mac is weird

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Amadeus, Oct 25, 2002.

1. macrumors member

Feb 19, 2002
    New York, NY
    I've been thinking about joining .Mac. So, I was cruising their webpage yesterday, and then again today and I just don't know why this is happening. Maybe someone can shine a light on this. By the way, it is recoginizing me correctly. I get this URL segment when I log onto .Mac's mainpage: Welcome.woa?aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en. It obviously knows I want the English versions.

So, no, I never registered as being Chinese or Japanese or whatever language that is showing up on my screen. I suggest you take a look for yourself... maybe we can repeat the problem. If you are a former iTools user who's account has expired, log into http://www.mac.com and try to click on the Learn more link or the FAQ link.

It directs me to these pages.

No wonder people bash .Mac so much, and no wonder it is a failure. They will never get me to sign up with this sort of attention to detail. Jeez.

- Amadeus

[EDIT] I found the right pages.. simply change the number 2 in the URL to the number 1. I still have no idea why I am being directed to these other pages though.