Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I just installed boot camp and windows on my new imac. Everything seems to be working great. I noticed, however, that on the mac keyboard there is not an "insert" button or a "num lock" button. Is there a link or manual to figure out which buttons I can use for the windows apps?

thanks.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I *think* you can use Help for Insert, and Clear for Num Lock. Failing that, you could use the on-screen keyboard (under Accessories IIRC) if you're desperate.

kjwebb

macrumors regular
May 19, 2003
Australia
Nermal said:
I *think* you can use Help for Insert, and Clear for Num Lock. Failing that, you could use the on-screen keyboard (under Accessories IIRC) if you're desperate.[/QUOTE

Correct. Only thing is you don't know when num-lock is on other than trial and error.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
downingp said:
I just installed boot camp and windows on my new imac. Everything seems to be working great. I noticed, however, that on the mac keyboard there is not an "insert" button or a "num lock" button. Is there a link or manual to figure out which buttons I can use for the windows apps?

thanks.

Better question, how do you take a screenshot. In Windows, it's simply Printscreen, yet there's no printscreen on a Mac keyboard. :(

cellobarney

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
Mac = Printscreen Heaven

You're going to love this.

Macs don't just print screen, they let you print screen copy, print screen save to a file, print partial screen copy (you draw a box), and print partial screen save to a file.

Look in your Apple Keyboard shortcuts, or Google them. My favorite is Command + Shift + 4. That is the last of the options listed above.

Try it out!

GatorSmash

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2009
i have the new keyboard and it is small, and there is no 'help' button on here... help please ???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.