Mac keyboard and using windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by downingp, Jun 26, 2006.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2006
    I just installed boot camp and windows on my new iMac. Everything seems to be working great. I noticed, however, that on the mac keyboard there is not an "insert" button or a "num lock" button. Is there a link or manual to figure out which buttons I can use for the windows apps?

2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    I *think* you can use Help for Insert, and Clear for Num Lock. Failing that, you could use the on-screen keyboard (under Accessories IIRC) if you're desperate.
  3. kjwebb macrumors regular

May 19, 2003
  4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

May 27, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Better question, how do you take a screenshot. In Windows, it's simply Printscreen, yet there's no printscreen on a Mac keyboard. :(
  5. cellobarney macrumors newbie

Oct 13, 2008
    Mac = Printscreen Heaven

You're going to love this.

Macs don't just print screen, they let you print screen copy, print screen save to a file, print partial screen copy (you draw a box), and print partial screen save to a file.

Look in your Apple Keyboard shortcuts, or Google them. My favorite is Command + Shift + 4. That is the last of the options listed above.

Try it out!
  6. GatorSmash macrumors newbie

May 18, 2009
    i have the new keyboard and it is small, and there is no 'help' button on here... help please ???