mac mags

Discussion in 'Community' started by goodtimes5, Aug 9, 2004.

1. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Do you guys suscribe to Mac magazines? I personally don't, but I have fond memories of a free trial to one at a young age and the cool demos they had on the included CD. I wish I remembered the name. Good times.

2. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Macworld is really good. They have good reviews, and a bunch of fun tips... yeah. Speaking of which, my subscription is about to run out... should probably do something about that...

3. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

There used to be a magazine CD-ROM Today. That split up into Maximum PC and MacAddict. All of the titles included CD's with demos, shareware/

4. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

There used to be a magazine CD-ROM Today. That split up into Maximum PC and MacAddict. All of the titles included CD's with demos, shareware.

5. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

eek

sick and tired of Mags in the U.K.

Last one I enjoyed but will not be renewing is Mac User.

It just seems that people don't just want to write a good pile of info about macs, they want to be the next big thing. They can't seem to write a single article without wanting to "shock and awe" us with their observational cynicism.

Plus, there is so little of it compared with advertisements, always mixed up so that you have to sift through what is basically a ten page magazine padded out with 1/4 inch of latest pricings 2 weeks to a month out of date.

Not sure if computer mags have a future when you can have a combination of up to the second web sites.

Gardening Mags on the other hand can prolly still maintain a good readership.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    iCreate is pretty good - it's reasonably new (about a year now?)

Has some Mac news/troubleshooting, some funny spoof Mac ads and lots of tutorials in how to do tutorials in iLife, Final Cut and Photoshop.

Usual CD of demos etc too - worth a look if you see it.

7. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Years ago I got MacWorld and MacAddict, but now I get all the information they have a month earlier from a bunch of Mac-sites. Inevitably the MacWorld Keynote by Steve would be a day after the latest issue of MacWorld came out, so there'd be a month wait before the article on the latest hardware arrived. By then it was old news. Magazines are for old news and in-depth articles.